Sunday, March 13, 2011

Baby Peele Has Gone Public!

What a big week for Baby Peele!  He/she has gone public, and everyone knows our big news!  I can’t believe it’s not a secret anymore.  It’s almost bittersweet.  For awhile, it was like this private information between me and the hub – Our little secret… like we were in on the best news in the world, and not a soul knew.  We could look at each other from across a room, and we both knew what the other was thinking.  Now, though, it’s kind of nice to have EVERYONE (and I mean everyone!) know.  It makes it feel more and more like a reality.  I finally got to shout it from the rooftops!  (Or more like, I got to announce it at a staff meeting, and on Facebook… but hey, rooftop is up for interpretation.)

Wednesday was the big day for me to make our baby public knowledge.  We start every staff meeting at school with “Celebrations.”  Well, our principal asked me to start the Celebrations (she already knew), so I said, “Well, my hub finished grad school with a 4.0!!”  And everyone cheered… And then I snuck in, “And I’m pregnant!”  The cheers and claps were enough to make me forget about my nausea for about twelve and a half seconds, which was nice.  The staff’s overwhelming congratulations, love, and support since making the announcement has been incredible.

Later that night, I finally went public on Facebook, and yeesh – Talk about being even more overwhelmed with well wishes!  I mean, I know it’s just Facebook, and it’s all only virtual support, but it definitely makes a miserable pregnant girl feel good!  So now, I don’t have to hide any of it anymore.  I don’t have to hide my excitement, my struggles, or the hair elastic keeping my jeans “buttoned.”  (Thanks for the trick, Lu!)

This past week was a week of ups and downs as far as how I’ve been feeling.  I had a couple good days inbetween the rough ones, which led me to believe I was on the back end of the glorious first trimester.  But then, lo and behold, today has been a whopper.  The fact that I am sitting vertically to type this is a huge success.  I’m still in my pajamas, trying to find the wherewithal to do something productive and push through the discomfort, so updating my blog is as good as it’s going to get today.

But let me get something straight, if I haven’t emphasized it enough – I am THRILLED to be miserable.  Seriously.  Even though I sound like I complain, and cry to my hub, and act like a sloth, I wouldn’t have it any other way.  This sweet baby can do whatever it needs to do to my body to grow… It just makes it easier to document it all on here.  Like getting the emotions and discomforts out on here will help make it all better.

In other exciting news, we had another appointment this week.  It was just supposed to be an internal exam and we finally got to meet with our doctor (instead of nurses), which was nice.  The doctor informed us that it was too early to hear the heartbeat through a Doppler (on top of the belly), so we’d have to wait until our next appointment.  He could tell we were bummed, so after the exam he told us that my uterus (sorry if it’s TMI) had already started to move toward the front of my body, so there was a good chance we could, after all, hear the heartbeat.  So my hub says, “Don’t do it, because if you can’t find it, she’s gonna freak out!” (Think he knows me at all?!)  But the doctor says, “Nah, we’ll figure something out…” So hub says, “Alright, you’re about to ruin my weekend!” And so he put the jelly on my stomach, and start searching, and there it was!!!  You could hear both my heartbeat and the baby’s (mine was 90, the baby’s was 180) – What a GREAT sound!  And then my hub says, “Well, you just made my weekend!” with a huge smile on his face.

The other good news about my body already shifting inside is that I’m not imagining the teensy, tiny little “baby bump.”  Come on, baby bump!!!

Here's 9 weeks - a HUGE difference from last week... or at least I think so!  I swear I woke up one morning and things just started poking out! (Look back to the post from 8 weeks for pictures I added!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessie! Don't know if you remember me from Strutt but congratulations on your pregnancy! It is the most awesome journey to experience. I had to laugh at your comment about using a hair rubber band to button your pants because I did that too! It works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete