Friday, November 4, 2016

5 on Friday!

A quick Friday Five after a week that kicked my butt!

O N E
We had a quick, whirlwind visit last weekend from my big sister and her daughter, and it could not have been more perfect!  They made the long trip to meet our sweet caboose, and we are just so thankful that they did.  We squeezed in as much quality time together as we could in 24-hours... CK and E were in heaven!  And Brooks sure enjoyed all of the snuggles from his Aunt Lu and cousin Rals. <3

T W O
Everette is going to start Mother's Morning Out next week!  We've been so torn on whether or not to send him, but now that I'm two months into this mama of three gig, I really think it'll be good for both of us.  He'll only be going one day a week, but he is so stinking excited about going to "cool."  I know it's only MMO and only one day a week, but it makes me sad to think of having him gone!  I'm gonna miss him!!

T H R E E
And speaking of my E, tomorrow is his BIRTHDAY!  How is he turning two already?!  We've opted not to do a party this year, and will instead celebrate as a family.  I've got a few surprises up my sleeve, and can't wait to make the day all about my little buddy.

F O U R
I finally busted out my pump yesterday!  I have been so stressed about finding time to pump, because I really want to introduce Brooks to a bottle soon.  However, mornings are just chaotic around here - which is when I always pumped with CK and E.  So yesterday I finally decided to do it during E's naptime, when things are a little more calm around these parts.  Why does seeing this make me so excited?!  Haha #liquidgold
Anyway, stay tuned to see how Brooks does with his first bottle.  Fingers crossed he'll take it like a champ so I can have the freedom to run some errands by myself every now and then!

F I V E
Y'all, this morning I attended the most incredible funeral service for the most incredible woman.  I only knew her for two years, but she impacted my life more than she will ever know.  And she clearly impacted our entire community, as the church was packed, with several rooms used for overflow viewing, and a neighborhood church also housing over a hundred people who watched it live as the service was streamed.  I have had this ache in my heart since I heard of her passing, and have just been so moved by who she was as a wife, mother, friend, teacher, and child of God.  I know she is up in heaven so proud of the celebration today, and I hope she sees just how amazing she was and just how much she affected all of our lives...

"Let not your hearts be troubled.  Believe in God; believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms.  If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.  And you know the way to where I am going." (John 14:1-4)

"The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs - heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him." (Romans 8:16-17)

Prayers for her family, her friends, her students, and our community -- may we all learn from the life she lived, which really was breathtakingly beautiful... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment