Tuesday, September 6, 2016

To the Big Sister...

Dear Cameron Kate:

You, my girl, were born to be a big sister.

It makes my heart ache to think there was a time when we didn't know if you'd ever get the chance to have siblings.  And now, here you are with a little brother, days away from welcoming another baby into our family.

I remember the trepidation I felt when your brother's due date approached.  Would you love him?  Would you be okay?  Would you adapt?  Would you be resentful?  Would your world be completely flipped upside down?

I can tell you now that you exceeded all of our expectations when you stepped into your new role as big sister.  You loved Everette with all of your heart from the minute you saw him - it was the kind of unconditional love I had always dreamed you'd get to experience, and it happened right before my eyes.

Watching you become a big sister has been one of the greatest joys of my entire life.

And now - and I'm not sure how I got to be so lucky - but now, I get to watch you do it all over again.

In just a few days, we will welcome another sweet baby into our little family... and everyday your excitement grows.  In these last couple of days, I don't have any fears of how you'll handle it - those fears have been replaced with excitement for the gift we are about to give you.  The gift of another sibling, another tiny human to love with your whole heart, to guide and teach and help and grow up with.

We are so incredibly blessed, my sweet girl.

Being a mama has been the best experience of my entire life, and one reason it has been such a joy is YOU.

You make me so proud each and everyday... you, the one who made me a mama... you, the one who introduced me to this side of love.

So as we approach the day when our family will grow by two tiny feet, please know that I am so proud of you already, am so excited to watch you continue to lead our family... and that I absolutely cannot wait to see your heart fall in love all over again in the most unconditional way.

To the moon, my CK.

-Mama <3

No comments:

Post a Comment