Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving.

My absolute favorite holiday.

It's so genuine, so simple.  Family, food, friends, fellowship, feeling thankful.

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" (Psalm 107:1)

Every year, CK and I do some sort of thankful activity together throughout the month of November.  This year, I found some pre-made leaves at good ol' Hobby Lobby.  So I hung up some twine and each morning CK would bound down the stairs and the first words out of her mouth were, "It's time for my thankful leaf!"  She put so much thought into each leaf and it was such a joyful activity.  Girl makes me SO proud. <3


Without further, ado, here are the people/things (in order) that made her thankful list this year!


Everest from Paw Patrol
Jesus
God
Daddy
Mary
Prayers
Smith (her cousin)
Playgrounds
Fruit Loops
Joseph
Everette Lawrence Peele
Ellie
Mama (finally!)
Birthday Parties
Birthdays
Ms. Tina (her preschool teacher)
Santa Claus
Christmas
Banks (her cousin)
Ms. Sherry (her swim teacher)
Allie (a friend at preschool)

Yes, we should always give thanks and feel grateful for all that we have... But because life is crazy and busy and nonstop, I know my thankfulness can sometimes get lost in each day's wonderful chaos.  But today - today I will pause throughout the day, soaking up all of the sights and sounds and tastes and smells and feels of my world... and I will appreciate everything - thanking God for everything - not taking an ounce of this beautiful life for granted and wondering how I got so incredibly lucky.

"As you go through this day, look for tiny treasures strategically placed along the way.  I lovingly go before you and plant little pleasures to brighten your day.  Look carefully for them, and pluck them one by one.  When you reach the end of the day, you will have gathered a lovely bouquet.  Offer it up to Me with a grateful heart.  Receive My Peace as you lie down to sleep, with thankful thoughts playing a lullaby in your mind."  (Jesus Calling)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment