Sunday, September 6, 2015

Six on Sunday!

So, lately I've felt like I have too many balls in the air.  I'm in a constant state of keeping said balls above ground, juggling and tossing and struggling to not let one hit the floor.  Entertaining and raising an almost four-year-old, keeping a ten-month-old from eating too much dog food, maintaining a clean house with clean underwear in everyone's drawers, being a loving wife, cooking breakfasts/lunches/dinners, running a business, planning birthday parties, exercising, keeping our finances budgeted and organized, trying to be there when family/friends need me, etc. And for the past couple of weeks, I had to let a couple balls drop... One of which was this blog.  And that may seem trivial to many people, because really, who cares about my narcissistic corner of the Internet?  But for me, this blog is a place to document this precious moment of our lives.  And also?  Writing is incredibly therapeutic for me.  I need to write like I need to breathe.  And while many of my recent posts have certainly not been noteworthy, my weeks feel incomplete without at least jotting down what's going on inside my crazy brain.  But - when Everette is eating dog food and I'm burning boiling water and the floors need mopping and CK is climbing up my legs, I have to take a deep breath and realize that it's okay to let a ball (or three) drop.  One of which is going to be this blog.

All of that to say, last week's intended (not very interesting) Five on Friday turned into a Six on Sunday!  We're on the road, and with both kids contained in their car seats and not much else I can accomplish on my to-do list, here I am, blogging from my phone!  So excuse any weird formatting, I have no clue how this will end up looking.  Also? I hope to work on my juggling skills to keep more balls afloat.  For now, though, enjoy this Six on Sunday!

O N E
This week I added another ball to my juggling act when I got some kind of crazy infection/reaction/MISERABLE craziness.  Long story short, I had some sort of insect bite on my toe, said bite got infected, and days later I ended up with these weird hives all over my body. Miserably, itchy hives and a NASTY big toe (sexy, huh?). And another long story short, a trip to the dermatogist, an unsure diagnosis, and an armload of prescriptions later... I'm still not sure if we're getting things under control. So it looks like I may have to find time to go back to the doctor when we're back in town.

T W O
And why are we out of town, yet again, you ask?  The other day one of my GA friends was all, "Y'ALL ARE ALWAYS ON THE GO ON THE WEEKENDS."  Yes, yes we are.  We have zero family in Carrollton, and coming from a big family, there is always something going on on the weekends.  Last weekend my older sister and her crew came to visit (we had the best time, by the way!) and this weekend we're in NC visiting some of T's childhood friends and his parents.  We've had an awesome trip so far watching CK and her buddy George play and laugh and play some more, and were even able to cheer on UWG as they won their first game of the season yesterday!  And now we're gonna squeeze in a quick visit with Grammy and PaPa before we head back to GA tomorrow morning.


T H R E E
And yes, hellooooooo college football!  I love love love all things fall, especially waking up on Saturday mornings and immediately turning on College Gameday on ESPN.  Trying not to get my hopes up, but I have a really good feeling about my alma mater this year.  Go Tigers!!

F O U R
CK starts preschool on Wednesday!  And the angels sang, HALLELUJAH!!  Don't get me wrong... I absolutely adore being home with my sweet girl and am going to miss her like crazy.  But I truly feel like she needs the learning and socializing and stimulation of preschool.  I think there's only so much I can do for her at home, education background and all.  Especially with my wild little E, who requires constant attention these days.  We had CK's Peek 'n Greet last Thursday to meet her new teacher and see her new classroom, and y'all - I am so excited.  Her teacher came highly, highly recommended and just listening to her talk made me realize how perfect she'll be for my girl.  Bring it on, 3K!!


F I V E
The groundhog saw his shadow - 6 more weeks of helmet... Well, 4 for now because I was so upset that we didn't "graduate," so they said they'd re-scan and reevaluate E's noggin' in 4 weeks. His ratio dropped from 98 to 93 (end goal was 91-93), but the problem is that his head hasn't grown much at all in circumference. The doc really wanted him to hit a growth spurt and doesn't believe that he has yet. So she basically left the decision up to us, because it's kind of a gamble from here if it'll change anymore. T was all "what's it gonna hurt, let's just do 6 more weeks" while I was almost in tears. I know that seems silly, and I realize this is such a trivial issue all things considered, but my sweet baby boy is getting closer and closer to not being a baby anymore... And I don't want the rest of his babyhood to be in that (literally) stinking helmet.  So for now, we're gonna re-scan in a month and hope his head hits some kind of growth spurt.  The plus is that she said we could do more non-helmet time (we've been doing 23 hours per day of helmet-wearing), so you'd better believe I'm gonna be snuggling that sweet, rounding out dome and snapping pics of his wild, cowlicky hair!


S I X
And just like that, my baby boy is 10-months old!  He loves life, loves to eat anything he can get his hands on, and continues to be incredibly easy-going and oh so joyful.  I truly cannot imagine life without him, and I'm not sure how I ever fully existed before I had my son.  I fully intend on soaking up every single second before our sweet little E is one!



No comments:

Post a Comment