Friday, September 11, 2015

A Few Favorites on Friday

*Ebates.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you do any online shopping, you are crazy not to use Ebates.  All you do is go to their website first, click on the name of the store you want, and voila! That's it.  I promise it's not too good to be true!  So far I've gotten $210.23 back, just from clicking through Ebates.  If anything, it totally justifies my online shopping addiction.  AmIright?!

*Newborn babies.  Y'all.  E is only 10 months old and I already miss this squishy, rolled up, sleep-on-your-chest, mushy little ball of goodness.

*Kind bars!  With life feeling like a big ol' frazzled mess these days, I've needed a healthy grab-n-go bar that's not terrible for me.  I tried Kind bars, and love them.  They're not full of all that processed yuck, and I'm obsessed with the salted caramel and salted dark chocolate flavors.

*And another food-related favorite?  Homemade Energy Balls!  My friend told me about them after she discovered them on another blog, and I whipped up my first batch yesterday.  They are DELISH.  And so much better than store-bought granola-type bars.

*Races.  After running the Peachtree 10k back in July, I really have the itch to do another one, and possibly a half marathon this time.  I've done one before, but it was five years ago!

*This mineral powder.  Y'all know I am an Executive Consultant for Rodan + Fields and have been for two-and-a-half years.  I recently bought and started using the only makeup we sell, which is a loose, full-of-peptides mineral powder.  And I am obsessed.  Wear makeup and treat your skin at the same time?  Win-win!  This stuff is so awesome, it's currently unavailable!!

*TJ Maxx.  Shopping in good ol' Carrollton is slim pickins.  But we do have a TJ Maxx.  I wandered in there a couple weeks ago and forgot how much I love that store!  It's like hunting for treasure, and I always walk out of there with the most random, but most awesome things.

*10-month-olds.  While I miss having a squishy newborn, I absolutely adore this stage with Everette. While it's exhausting having an into-everything and eating-everything wild little boy, he is just the cutest thing these days.  I remember 9-12 months being a favorite stage with CK, and it's proving to be the same this time.  E is just such a sponge, learning something new everyday and constantly making us laugh.

*Having our own fruit and vegetable garden in the backyard.  It's a tradition for CK and her daddy, and I love how much they love it.  We've had luck with some things, and failed with others.  But there's just something so rewarding about going in the backyard and picking corn/tomatoes/watermelon/squash to eat!

*New running shoes!  Except when they disappoint. :(  I got new shoes about a month ago, and ended up just getting a new pair of the same shoes I already had, but in a different color.  I loved them at first, but now, not so much.  I'm assuming my body has just changed since my last pregnancy and my running-shoe needs must be different.  But I guess I'll have to suck it up and run in these bad boys until they've seen too many miles.

*Caramel Iced Coffee from Dunkin' Donuts.  Yummmmmm.

*Baby hineys in the air.

*Post-preschool conversations with my almost-four-year-old.  One of my most favorite, favorite things.  She has grown up so much over the last year and has started back at preschool without missing a beat.  She loves preschool, probably because her teacher is so, so awesome.  And as soon as I pick her up, I turn the radio off, turn my phone on silent, and we talk the whole way home.  I read an awesome article that suggested questions to ask your child other than just, "How was your day?"  Things like:  "Who did you play with today?  What made you smile?  What was your favorite part of the day?  What made you giggle?  Who were you kind to?  Who was kind to you?  What did you eat for a snack?  What book did you read?  What's one thing you learned today?  What is something that was hard for you today? When were you proud of yourself today?"  My little girl is just growing up so fast, you guys, and our conversations these days... they are definitely my favorite.  In all the survival-mode-mess, motherhood really is magical. <3

TGIF... Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment