Friday, June 13, 2014

Five on Friday!


It's time for some Five on Friday action!  Without further ado...

O N E
First I'd like to say God Bless all the single mamas and also any woman who has ever been pregnant with three or more kids already in two.
Now let me back up...
Last week, T was gone for nine days straight - first, a work trip to Dallas and then, a boys' golf weekend.  I almost died.  No, really.  CK was two going on thirteen, and it's a wonder we're both still alive.  Thank goodness my mom came in for a couple days to help when I was at my wits end.  T got home at 2am Monday morning, and 16 hours later my two nephews came into town to stay for a few days while their parents enjoyed a much-needed and deserved vacation.  The boys (4 and 18 months) were great, but the entire time I couldn't help but think of all the women in the world who continue to have babies when they have 3+ kiddos.  When I went to bed on Tuesday night, everything ached.  BUT.  It was the best kind of ache, because we had an absolute blast... playground-visiting, bug-hunting, water balloon-fighting, playdoh-creating, s'mores-eating, sprinkler-playing, sidewalk-chalking, bubble-blowing, etc.  I think CK is still mourning the fact that the boys are gone!

T W O
Speaking of my little drama queen, if you follow me on Facebook, you know that we have recently entered the stage where she wants to pick out her outfits and dress herself.  Great, right?  Not exactly.  I mean, sometimes, honest to God, she'll come out like this...
But usually, it's more like this...
And don't you dare try to tell her that her outfit doesn't match, or that her clothes are on backwards... or else you'll get this...
See:  two going on thirteen.

T H R E E
So, I've been in a bit of a dilemma when it comes to exercising.  My goal is to exercise throughout this entire pregnancy, mostly in the form of walking with CK in the jogging stroller.  I try to log 2-3 mile walks most days of the week, logging 15-20 miles per week.  However, the more I walk, the worse the pain in my tailbone/hips/legs is, especially throughout the night.  It's so frustrating, because I obviously want to maintain my exercise routine for both my health and the health of Rocky, but I'm significantly more uncomfortable when I do.  Any suggestions?

F O U R
Ok, I'm needy today... I also need dinner/cooking suggestions!  Now that the nausea has decreased enough that I can actually go to the grocery store and stomach the thought of preparing a meal, I need to get back to cooking for my family.  We all know I'm allergic to the kitchen, and I'm incredibly unmotivated because I really haven't cooked in almost three months.  HELP me!  Where do I begin, what's the easiest way to kickstart some easy recipes?  And yes, I know Pinterest exists.

F I V E
And speaking of NOT cooking, thanks to my food-loving girlfriends, I discovered a good ol' southern diner here in Carrollton that pretty much serves my favorite food - goodness with a side of goodness.  AND they have a drive-thru.  So today, I got a southern vegetable plate for lunch... and inhaled cornbread biscuits, mashed potatoes and gravy, pinto beans, fried okra, and fried green tomatoes... and banana pudding.  I think I'm in love.

TGIF!

6 comments:

  1. As far as exercising goes, what about swimming?? Low impact, and what could feel better during pregnancy than weightlessness?!! As far as dinners, if tj is home, have him grill, buy a bagged salad and potatoes, and throw them in the oven. Done! If he's not home, buy rotisserie chickens from the deli. Eat it roasted, or shred the meat for chicken salad, or add it to pasta and alfredo sauce, or buy a bagged salad and throw the chicken on top, or mix it with mixed veggies, a can of cream of chicken soup, and top it with a store bought pie crust, and throw it in the oven for chicken pot pie! Those rotisserie chickens will make your life easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips!! Headed to the grocery store today and I think I might just have to pick up a rotisserie chicken!! I also like your idea of meatless meals to help cut grocery bills, so we definitely plan on implementing that!

      Delete
  2. Ha! I love CK's outfit choices! I totally love it when A dresses herself, even if it is totally crazy. It's so cute seeing what they come up with and what they like.

    That drive thru dinner sounds AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the outfit choices, too! But my OCD just cannot handle the backwards clothes. I know, I know... I need to give it up! And yes, the drive thru diner was as amazing as it sounds!!

      Delete
  3. Lots of stretching. Maybe preggo yoga? I'm blessed to have a dad massage therapist and when my lower back started killing me he showed me how to stretch it out ;)
    And spaghetti is always a good easy starter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll order a yoga dvd this week!! Thanks for reminding me about that. I had one when I was pregnant with CK, but didn't love it. So I'll try a different one! Also, I am so jealous that your dad is a massage therapist!!

      Delete