Monday, April 29, 2013

30 Things I've Learned in 30 Years


1. Surprising other people brings me so much joy.

2. Family is everything.

3. I need to run like I need to breathe.  It will always be a part of my self-therapy.

4. I used to watch entirely too much television.

5. No matter what, I’ll never love to cook.

6. You can’t always make everyone happy.

7. You really can love someone so much that it hurts so good.

8. Making lists helps me stay sane.

9. Everyone is not always going to like you.  Be who you are anyway.

10. I am a morning person.

11. The hardest and most rewarding job in the world is being a mama.

12. Patience really is a virtue.

13. It’s about the quality, not the quantity, of your friendships.

14. Country music, red wine, and chocolate are good for the soul.

15. You never know what’s going on in other people’s worlds.  Don’t judge.

16. I’m lucky I survived my high school and college years unscathed.

17. If it weren’t for my mom, I’d be a mess of an adult.

18. Carrying and delivering a child truly is a miracle.

19. Being able to live in the moment is a gift, and something I’m constantly working on.

20. Most of what you worry about never happens.

21. Sunscreen is imperative.

22. Sometimes, it’s okay to go to bed angry.

23. It’s hard not to lose yourself in being a mama.

24. Constantly worrying about what others think is a waste of time.

25. Spontaneity and flexibility are hard, but rewarding.

26. Nothing beats the feeling of having your child fall asleep on your chest.

27. A little mascara goes a long way.

28. Life is too short to spend every day doing something you don’t enjoy.

29.  I cannot always be in control of everything.

30. Happiness is a decision - a state of mind - and it begins with a smile.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you are a wise ol' 30-year-old. Welcome to the decade where we'll watch our babies dance under the stars, jump waves at the beach, and splash in puddles in the rain. It will be magical...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! May have to steal this for my birthday next month!

    ReplyDelete