Thursday, January 31, 2013

2 Years Ago Today...

Two years ago today, our lives changed.  I walked out of the bathroom early on a Monday morning, holding a stick with two pink lines.  Two pink lines that promised a future full of more joy than I could have ever imagined.

And here we are, almost 16 months later, with a little girl who makes me want to be a better person, who makes me want to try to make this world a better place, who literally makes my heart want to explode.

I will never, ever, EVER forget how I felt on that cold January morning.  As much as I WANTED to see those two pink lines, I had no clue what they really meant... They meant the start of a lifetime of worry, knowing what it feels like to have your heart walk around outside of your body, and finally learning what it means to love unconditionally, to love so much it physically hurts.

Those two lines meant the beginning of the best part of my life... Being a mama.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful "birthday" or anniversary! Hope you've been well and are feeling stronger each day.

    ReplyDelete