Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Midweek Randoms


1.  New look – same great taste.  You like?

2.  Cameron Kate’s tooth count is now up to 3.  Only one top tooth has broken through, and she’s officially starting to look like buck-toothed Billy.

3.  While you would think that more teeth = more food choices for our meal-loving girl, we’re starting to see signs of picky eating.  Noooo!!!  I cannot have a picky eater!!  I pretty much love anything edible, and I won’t know what to do with a child who turns her nose up at food.

4.  I watch too much reality television.  FACT.  I swear I will not add another Real Housewives of Wherever to my DVR list, but then I do anyway.  FACT.  I do not like the additions to the RHONY cast.  FACT.

5.  Our little girl finally started waving bye-bye!  Oh the little things!!

6.  Blue Moon is the best summer beer fo’ sho’.

7.  This week, when making enchiladas, I accidentally used medium enchilada sauce instead of mild.  I realized that T and I are big fat wusses when it comes to spicy food.

8.  Cameron finally started reciprocating the baby sign language we’ve been doing for the past few months.  So far she does “milk,” “more,” and “all done.”  It’s so cool to see her starting to communicate with us!

9.  I finally finished The Hunger Games series and loved it!  Now, I’m smack dab in the middle of Shades of Grey.  A little late to the party, but WHEW.

10.  I recently decided that I don’t like Cameron’s nursery. L  Obviously we didn’t know what we were having, so we never really went all out in the décor.  But now, I just wish it was better… cuter… for her.  But, since we’re talking about having number two sometime in the near future (God-willing and no, I’m not pregnant yet), it seems silly to redo her entire room when she’ll most likely be getting a new room at some point in the somewhat-near-but-not-at-this-moment-minute.  And, I already know what I want to do for that room.  So, oh well.

11.  I am SO excited that Big Brother starts this week!  (And I’m not scared to admit it!)

12.  I ordered a new Timi and Leslie diaper bag and I cannot WAIT ‘til it gets here!

13.  We’re headed to Atlanta this weekend to visit some of our faves.  While I’m not looking forward to the long road trip, I can’t wait to hang out with said faves and also take CK to her first Braves’ game!

14.  I really like the new Zac Brown Band cd.

15.  We finally bought a baby gate and I can’t believe we waited so long to get it.  Now if only we could get about 5 more… (see #12)

16.  Cameron will stand by herself, without holding onto anything, for many, many seconds.  It terrifies me because it means she’s that much closer to walking… which, you guessed it, terrifies me.

17.  I haven’t had a pedicure since the week after Cameron was born.  I want one.

18.  I dread CK’s monthly photo shoots now because she doesn’t sit still.  While I’m sad that she’s getting closer and closer to her first birthday, I’ll be glad when these photoshoots are DUNZO.  I literally take almost a hundred pictures in hopes of getting one decent shot.  Usually I have T’s help, but yesterday I did it solo.  Once Cameron stood up in the glider and let go of the armrest, chair-surfing, I dropped the camera and called it a day.

19.  I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest.  I get all into it, then go on a Pinterest strike because it starts to make me feel inadequate… I have all these internet, imaginary plans of crafting/cooking/baking/planning that I’ll probably never accomplish.  Oh, and it drives me crazy when people spell it wrong (Pintrest).  It’s the word “interest”, people, with a “P.”  Get it straight.

20.  Our dog Bailey is doing SO well with Cameron.  Cameron will grab her face/neck/ears/skin/tail and just squeeeeze as hard as she can.  And poor Bailey will just yelp and cry.

21.  Today, CK had her 9 month checkup.  No shots – Woop!  She’s 29” tall (90th percentile) and 19lbs, 14oz (70th percentile).

22.  Oh, and Bailey is NOT as excited about the baby gate as I am.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment