Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy V Day!

This past week I mentally celebrated V-Day!  What is V-Day, you ask?  Well, medically speaking, making it to 24 weeks is definitely something to celebrate.  24 weeks = viability.  Basically, once you are at least 24 weeks pregnant, doctors will fight tooth and nail to save a baby because it’s considered viable at this point.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I realize that if something were to happen this early, we are in no way close to being out of the woods.  But still, I’m celebrating every milestone there is. J

We also had our 24-week checkup this week and it was great!  Hearing that sweet heartbeat NEVER gets old, and I kicked the scale’s butt, or rather let it know I could care less about what number it wanted to spit back at me. J  Now it’s a long, 4 week wait until we go back.  Soon, though, we’ll only have two weeks between appointments, which will be much better!

In other exciting news, I had my last day of work this week until August 10th!  And while I’d like to think that I can kick my feet up and relax until then, I still have quite a few grad school projects to tackle over the next month.  I’ve made an end-of-grad-school checklist (you know I love my check-off boxes!), and it’s motivating me to get things done quickly so I can be FINISHED as a student for the rest of my life!

In even MORE exciting news, my awesome hub set up the crib this week!  I’m not sure who enjoyed it more, because he seemed pretty content to be setting up his son’s/daughter’s room… which I will never forget. J
Hard at work!

Isn't he cute?!

The finished product!

We still have a long way to go in terms of home improvement, and we’d like to get it all finished by the time we go to the beach, which is only a month away!  Yikes!

After finishing work on Wednesday, I gave myself a 4 day hiatus from all things productive and we headed to Charleston on Friday.  One of my friends from high school was getting married (Congrats Brooke!), so we took the opportunity to go stay with my brother and sister-in-law and hang out with my parents, stepbrother, and little sister.  We had a blast!  I unveiled the baby bump in a bikini at the pool (yikes!), got my fill of boiled peanuts (thanks Mom and Big D!), and enjoyed seeing Brooke tie the knot.
Ok people - I'm being brave, and baring it all for you!  (Somebody needs a TAN.)
What a beautiful bride!
Me & my hub :)
My wonderful parents!
Some old, dear friends!  (Please excuse the scary picture of me - It was VERY hot and VERY windy, hence the "I got hit by the ugly truck" look.)

I must say that the weekend kicked my butt – driving riding home today, I was EXHAUSTED.  So hub and I decided to have a relaxing night in – we took Bailey for a walk, then ordered a pizza from this place that makes it for you, then you cook it at home.  Well, hub asked if I wanted to try the stuffed crust pizza.  Sure!  (I’m never one to turn down extra bread and cheese.)  Well, he picks it up, comes home to cook it, and this is what I find in the oven.

It’s a STUFFED PIZZA… as in, the entire pizza is stuffed – like two pizzas in one.  Like cheese, bread, stuffings, bread.  Needless to say, it was delicious.  And yes, there are leftovers, thank-you-very-much.

Our little bug appears to be doing well in my ever-expanding tummy.  This morning he/she was actually moving so much, it woke me up!  And I’m pretty sure I could tell the kicks from the punches.  I’m feeling a little more hormonal these days and like I’m housing a little shorter of a fuse (love you honey!) – but I really, really try to not let it get the best of me.  We decided to discuss baby names again, and things are back to being sort of up in the air.  Naming a human being is so hard!  But when we decide on our names, we’ll know they’re right. J

By the way, I am LOVING green beans right now.

Happy V Day bug!!

24 Weeks!
24 Weeks Covered Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment