Sunday, April 21, 2019

An Empty Tomb + Whoopee Cushions

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 
1 Peter 1:3
As I go through life, walking through darkness and emerging into a hope-filled, new beginning - Easter has become a holiday that hits me hard.  And today in church, I had goosebumps and tears and goodness gracious it was just one of the best services ever ever.

HE IS RISEN.  And I am so thankful for the eternal hope that gives me.

And keeping it real?  We had to book it to church because right as we were leaving, Brooks needed an emergency sink bath thanks to his big brother squeezing half a tube of toothpaste into his hair.  HASHTAG EVERETTE.

But toothpaste incident aside, it was an egg-dyeing, bunny-visiting, too-much-chocolate-eating, snuggling, spoon-racing, fishing, egg-hunting-filled Easter weekend during which I got to love on my trio and spend time with some of my favorite people. <3
Oh, and I'd be remiss not to mention that it was also a whoopee-cushion-filled Easter.  Besides celebrating an empty tomb, the whoopee cushions were definitely the highlight of the day. #dontjudge
Happy Easter!!

1 comment: