Wednesday, April 10, 2019

7 and-a-half

You, Cameron Kate, are my shadow.

My mini-me, my sidekick, my CK.

My seven-AND-A-HALF-year-old daughter...

Oftentimes you stay right beside me, right under my mama-wing, but my girl -- you were born to fly.

You are a sensitive soul and so very kindhearted, a deep-thinker and a questioner.

I guess I should've known after a 22-hour labor and a baby girl who arrived on her actual due date -- you like a plan, you like to know the plan well in advance, and you want things to be just right. (NO clue where you get that from!)

You are a soccer-playing, scooter-riding, still-Ellie-snuggling, reading machine.  You love being in charge, chips with ranch dip, Laney and Moxie, salad, pizza, poppy seed chicken casserole, and feta cheese.

You feel big and you love hard, two things you got from me... two things that will make life difficult and scary and painful, but also worth the ride and full of courage and oh so hopeful and joyful. <3

You still lean into your non-girly, no-ruffle-ways; however, you're starting to kiiiiinda dip your toes into the world of pink and glitter and sparkles.

You are the absolute best big sister to your brothers, and you have such a special, unique relationship with each of them.  They are so lucky to have you, Sissy.

As am I... I know I say it often, to you and to everyone else around us - but I really am not sure how I would've survived my deepest pains and my darkest days and my current upside down life without you.

You challenge me in ways I'm sometimes not ready for... but in ways that I need.  You keep me honest, you keep me focused, you keep me present, you keep me silly.

You taught me what it's like to have my heart beating outside of my body, and not only do you make me proud of you, you make me proud to be me.

Cameron Kate - you are so many of my dreams come true.  And while I feel sadness and trepidation that you are already seven-AND-A-HALF, I love every single part of watching you learn to fly.

I love you, my sweet, precious girl.  
To the moon and back and more than anything in this world.

Happy seven point five~
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment