Thursday, May 5, 2016

One point Five

My ball-loving, always-climbing, skinned-knee, cowlicked-hair, 90mph little boy is eighteen months old today!

It has been a wild and crazy and chaotic and beautiful and challenging and exhausting and amazing year and a half, and I am just so completely in love with my son. <3

He talks with a baby lisp and it is my favorite.  

He uses a fork now and thinks he's big stuff!!  And he does pretty well eating a variety of foods... some of his favorites include muffins, raspberries (and pretty much all fruit), pizza, hot dogs, avocado, applesauce - the list goes on and on!

He is ALL BOY.  So different from CK, which is so interesting to me!  He is messy, loves to dig in the dirt, always has skinned knees, climbs anything and everything, is obsessed with footballs/basketballs/soccer balls, and never.stops.moving.  He is his daddy's mini-me!  He plays hard, but sleeps hard, too.  He loves to go "night night" and I hope that never changes! And he still sucks the first two fingers on his left hand when he sleeps.

His eyes aren't quite as brown as CK's - they have a little more greenish to them - and his left eye is a different color than his right.

And his hair?  Ooooooh his hair.  He has about seven cowlicks, with the worst being front and center.  People always ask me, "What are you going to do about his hair?"  Y'all.  I have no clue.  Bless his heart.

He talks.  A LOT.  In fact, everywhere we go people comment on his verbal skills and how he never stops talking.  He and his big sister are exactly alike in this way!  One word he says over, and over, and over again?  "Sizza!"  After weeks and weeks of deliberating, we now know he's saying, "What is that?" as he inquires about any and everything.  He wants you to tell him the name of everything in the room!

He would brush his teeth all day everyday if I'd let him, constantly dumps over Bailey's water bowl, and is obsessed with the vacuum.

But his most favorite pastime in the whole wide world?  Anything that involves his big sister.  Their relationship is the best, and I could sit and watch them together for hours.

Man I am so lucky.

Everette Lawrence,
Happy Half Birthday!  You bring so much joy to our family, and we are all absolutely smitten with you.  You keep me one my toes while keeping me wrapped around your finger, and I thank God everyday for giving you to me.  I love you with all my heart and soul, and will spend everyday of your life making sure you know that.
Xo,
Mommy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment