Thursday, December 24, 2015

24 Days of Zoombie

Oh, Elf on the Shelf.  I have a love/hate relationship with you.  And I know America does, too.  Some people love the elf, some don't.  Some people go all out, some don't.  I guess I'm somewhere in the middle.  I must say that it's pretty fun to see CK run around excitedly every morning, trying to find him... and oh her face when she finally spots him!  But good grief I kept forgetting to set him up!  I finally got smart and set an alarm on my phone for 8:00pm every night so that I'd go ahead and do it before I got too tired.  Without that little alarm, our elf on the shelf never would've left the shelf!

And we only had one near-catastrophe... one night I was downstairs cooking dinner while T had the kids up in the playroom.  I hear absolute terror-filled screams, and I think I literally jumped from the bottom stair to the top stair in fear of what had happened.  CK comes running out of the playroom in tears, screaming, "EVEWETTE TOUCHED ZOOMBIE!  EVEWETTE TOUCHED ZOOMBIE!" Every elf owner knows this is not allowed, per the book.  After all, touching Zoombie will make him lose his magic and he'll go away for good! Poor CK.  We finally talked her off the ledge, letting her know that all we had to do is write good ol' Saint Nick a note, letting him know that Everette touched Zoombie accidentally.  Luckily the big guy wrote back the next day, saying he completely understood and we didn't need to worry about our elf disappearing. Whew.  Thank goodness. ;)

So without further ado, here is how our elf Zoombie spent the past twenty-four days as we counted down until Christmas!!

He arrived with a welcome letter, his favorite book, and candy, of course!

Sneaky Zoombie recorded Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer on tv, with surprise tickets to go see the puppet show in Atlanta!

Matching Christmas pajamas!  Thanks Zoombie!

I spy a new Paw Patrol ornament!

He also made sure we got our Christmas cards out in time.

Reading a new book to some of CK's favorite friends.

A note from Santa letting us know that he understood Everette accidentally touched him!  Whew!  And he also left some paper for CK to write back...

A poem and an empty box that CK and E had to fill with toys to donate to kids in need...

Thank you, Zoombie, for framing this year's Santa pic!

Zo0mbie got wild with his cousin elf, Goldy, when we visited my parents for BLOMPS Christmas weekend.  The kids were so excited that the elves made the trip to South Carolina!

Cousin elves, up to no good.

He dyed CK's milk his favorite color - red, of course!

Woohoo!  Polar Express book/movie/pajama/popcorn day, courtesy of Zoombie!

Flying high in Bailey's (pitiful) stocking.

Silly old Zoombie.  He even wants using the potty to feel festive.


A video message, straight from Santa Claus.

He even sent us on a candy cane hunt around the house!  So fun!!

Gingerbread house time!  (And a shout out to my sister-in-law Jamie who gifted us with this reusable house last year!  The best!!)

Zoombie took a break from checking out our Christmas cards to let us know that Santa was going to be calling us that night!  It was so cool!!

A new book to remind us that the joy is in the giving, not the receiving.

One morning he didn't quite make it back inside!

Time to make Christmas cookies for Santa!!

 And finally, on his last morning (allllll the praise hands!):  a jar of reindeer food to sprinkle on the lawn tonight.  We've got to make sure those reindeer are taken care of, after all... they've got a big night ahead of them!

Merry Christmas Eve!  I love today... so much excitement and anticipation and joy and love - I hope your home is also filled with the magic of all things Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment