Wednesday, March 18, 2015

TeeBall!

So, we all know by now I had dreams of ballet shoes, tulle, tutus, rhinestones, and 8-counts.

My little girl had other plans, though.  And asked if she could play tee ball instead.

So last weekend, we bought all her gear, and tried to teach her the basics.  And this past Monday, she had her first practice.

And y'all... I know I can be all dramatic, but it was seriously one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

Poor girl is the least experienced on the team (and that's putting it nicely), but she had an absolute blast...


All ready for her first practice!

The first time she'd ever worn a glove.  And the first time she got the ball, she put it in the glove and tried to throw it from her glove.  Ha!

She would just sit there and watch the ball roll by...

Love her dainty little non-gloved hand.

She's ready and waiting for a ball to be hit to left field...

And waiting...

And got tired of waiting.  Poor girl has her dad's attention span.  So she sat her little tush down and kept herself entertained while picking grass.

Running the bases!

Getting ready for her turn to hit!

On deck...

Learning how to hold a bat.  They get to try to hit three thrown pitches before they put the ball on the tee.

Hi mom!

Like this?

And some videos for your viewing pleasure:

And a video of her first time up to bat!  I got so excited when she hit the ball I accidentally stopped recording.  But I picked right back up, thank goodness, so you can see her attempt to run to first base!


She practically skipped to the car after practice, telling me how much she loves tee ball and asking when she would get to play again and would Coach Vince be there on Saturday.  And on the way home, I asked her to tell me her favorite part of tee ball practice.  Her answer?  "My cool water bottle.  And that I scored a goal!"

Who needs ballet shoes when you get to be a part of this awesomeness?!


Annnnnnndddddd.....
 GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment