Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Favorites!

After an overwhelming response to my last favorites post, I decided to do another one!  I'm not sure I'll do one of these each Friday, but maybe every now and then.  I've been inspired by my friend and fellow blogger, Amanda!  I always enjoy her favorites on Friday, and I especially loved when she included some from her family members.  Maybe I'll eventually post some of CK's and T's...  For now, here are some more of my Friday Favorites!

*This Vtech Activity Cube.  My parents give this to E for Christmas, and I've had it put away until recently.  I figured he was way too young for it, but now that he's sitting up with assistance and in his Bumbo, I've pulled out his "sit-up" toys.  He loves this thing, and it's even been awesome for tummy time (which he normally hates).  I'll put him on his tummy propped up on his Boppy in front of it, and he is content for quite awhile.  And also?  CK even loves it and it's kept her busy for extended periods of time!  A toy that is appealing to a four-month-old and a three-year-old?  That's a huge win in my book.

*Cupcake Vineyards wine.  I've had multiple types of this brand of wine, and they're all delicious!  I always buy it on sale and never for more than $10 a bottle.  My current fave is the Red Velvet!

*Pampers diapers.  THE best.  CK was also a Pampers baby after I tried pretty much every brand with her... so when I was pregnant again, I knew I'd stick to Pampers.  However, the other day I was waiting for my next shipment of Pampers, so I picked up a generic package of Kroger diapers.  Big mistake.  HUGE.  I witnessed the worst blowout of all time.  If you saw my Facebook post, you know this blowout resulted in an outfit in the trash, the disassembly of the swing, a load of laundry, and baths for all parties involved.  Lesson learned.

*This parenting book.  My older sister recommended it, and I am loving it.  I am not finished yet, but it is really teaching me a lot about looking at parenting from a different perspective.

*ChickFilA!  Y'all, this is such a silly and kind of lame ritual, but for years now T and I always eat ChickFilA on Friday nights.  You see, Sunday-Thursday nights I cook and we eat dinner as a family.  On Friday and Saturday nights, we put CK and E to bed a little earlier so we can eat alone, usually catching up on our DVR'd shows.  I always look forward to Fridays and our little ChickFilA couch dates!

*I know I've mentioned this before, but I am obsessed with our Dyson.  In lieu of gifts for each other for Christmas, T and I bought a Dyson.  We found a great sale and used tons of Best Buy gift cards and purchased the DC65 MultiFloor; however, for some reason they sent us the DC65 Animal Complete (shhhhhh....).  So we ended up with an even nicer vacuum than we intended to buy.  It is the best and I seriously love seeing how much it cleans!

*Athleta workout gear.  I got a Gap gift card for Christmas, but am not ready to purchase actual clothes for myself yet (see:  BABY WEIGHT).  I won't let myself buy clothes until these last 5 pounds get the heck outta here, unless they're workout clothes.  (Because we all know new workout clothes make you burn more calories!)  I've heard great things about Athleta's gear, and decided to give a go - which is risk-free, since their policy is buy it, try it, and if it doesn't work for you during your workouts, send it back!  It's a little pricey, but I've learned through trial and error that buying quality workout gear is worth it.  I only bought a top and a pair of running tights, but I am obsessed.  Their tops are designed to not ride up, which is key because BOOBS, and their running tights/capris won't fall down.  I am dying to get more of their gear!

*Speaking of working out, one of my favorite baby products I've ever owned is our Bob jogging stroller.  It has seen many, many, many miles and was well worth the investment.  When I was pregnant with E, I knew I'd want to continue to be able to run with the kids in tow, and my mother-in-law gifted us with a double Bob (Thanks Bonnie!).  They're quite pricey, but we found a used one in great condition.  It has already seen many neighborhood runs, and I know it will get used for years to come!

*Diet Mountain Dew.  I have one cup of coffee in the morning, and one caffeinated drink at lunchtime.  When we were going through our fertility treatments, all doctors advised me to cut out all "fake" sugar, telling me that drinking a regular Coke was much better for me than drinking diet.  So that's what I did.  After E was born, I continued drinking regular soda (just one a day!); however, as I'm trying to get rid of this dang pudge, I decided I probably need to go back to diet (nevermind the Reese eggs and double-stuffed Oreos).  But BLEH!  Now diet soda tastes awful to me!  Diet Mountain Dew is the only one I like, and now crave, each afternoon.

*Two words:  Open Gym.  Our county rec gym here in Carrollton hosts an open gym every once in awhile, where you pay $3 and your kid basically gets to run around wild as a banshee and play on gymnastics equipment, trampolines, and blow-up houses while us mamas sit in the bleachers and actually have conversations that we can finish.  We went this morning, which was perfectly timed on a dreary, rainy day.  It is the best $3 I've ever spent!

*And I saved the most important Friday Favorite(s) for last:
These three!  My people.  My whole world.  Love them, and so excited to spend a no-plans weekend with them.

Happy Friday!

1 comment: