Saturday, October 18, 2014

"Rocky's" Nursery

Well, I guess it's time to reveal our little one's room!!  I am so excited about and in love with how it turned out, and I cannot WAIT to show "Rocky" his/her space in our home.

When I started brainstorming nursery ideas, I obviously knew it had to be gender-neutral; however, I didn't want it to be plain or boring.  This baby has already brought us SO much joy, and hope, and restoration... and I wanted the nursery to show that.  I wanted bright and whimsical and happy, and I think we accomplished it perfectly.

It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the walls are painted a very light gray, the perfect background to splashes of colors and patterns and textures.

So without further ado, here it is!!

 The view from the hallway


The crib bedding was custom-made after lots of collaboration between the amazing Goat & Lulu and myself.  The piece over the crib is something T and I made together, starting with some untreated fence posts from Home Depot.  We treated, painted, nailed them together, and then topped with sealant.  Totally inspired by Pinterest, of course. 


 Close up of the bedding.  Y'all?  I LOVE it.  It is exactly what I had envisioned.  As I've said, Amanda from Goat & Lulu is so talented.


 Shelves that are on the wall directly to the right when you walk in.  Just some splashes of the primary colors that we wanted to dominate the room.  And a perfect little angel holding up the word "hope," a gift my sister-in-law Jamie sent me soon after we found out about this little miracle.


A new, low-profile fan we installed.  But we wanted to make it look cute, so we got this adorable lamp shade from IKEA and T attached it upside down!


 We used this same piece of furniture in CK's old room with pink square buckets, but got some new yellow ones.  Both the shelf and buckets are from IKEA.  The ABC print is from Life Made Lovely, and the buttons and lamp are from Hobby Lobby.


 Another favorite part of the nursery!


 This is the same glider we had for CK, but my mom so graciously had it recovered in red for us (done by one of my talented aunts!).  The curtains and pillow are just PERFECT, and were done by, you guessed it, Goat & Lulu!


 This is the same dresser/changing table we used for CK, but we switched out the knobs for bright, whimsical ones from Hobby Lobby.  The shelf has a mini Radio Flyer wagon, (empty) picture frame, and a large mason jar full of ABC blocks.


And last, the mini gallery wall!  The cross was a very special gift from one of my oldest friends, Dana.  It has the most perfect bible verse:  "For this child, I prayed" (1 Samuel 1:27).  The frames will eventually have pictures of our sweet baby, of course.  I painted the hearts canvas, got the clock on Amazon, and the tiny mirror at Hobby Lobby.  Best of all?  Cameron Kate painted the LOVE canvas.  I affixed some large scrapbook letters to the plain white canvas and then let her go to town with the colors to match the nursery.  Once it was dry, we pulled the letters off and were thrilled with the final product.  It is so special to have something in the nursery that she made. :)

Well, there ya have it!  Rocky's little space in our home.  18 days (or less!) 'til we get to see that sweet face and let him/her know how lucky we are... how blessed we are... and how we've been waiting our whole lives to meet him/her.  <3

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love how it turned out!!! Now, there's just one itty, bitty little piece needed to complete it... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lu!! And yes, the one thing missing will be the best part. <3

      Delete