Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Candid Cameron, Part II

Enjoy some more of the funnies that come out of my CK's mouth... aka, Candid Cameron!

One day we talked in detail about who can and can't have babies in their tummies.  Finally, after a moment of silence and deep thought, Cameron Kate said:  "I don't have a baby in my tummy.  I have boobies.  Well, I have nipples."

One day, after her usual brief nap, I told I was tired of her taking catnaps.  The following day, when she woke up, she proudly declared, "I took a dog nap today!"

CK:  "Does God have a mommy?"
Me:  "No, but we are all God's children."
CK:  "No, God DOES have a mommy... Her name is Jessie Peele!"

During a particularly bad tantrum, I calmly responded to her by saying, "Oh, OK."  Which was followed by her screaming, "DON'T SAY O!  THAT'S A LETTER, THAT'S NOT A WORD!!!!!!"

Me:  "We need to go by TJ Maxx."
CK:  "Is that Daddy's Daddy?"  (FYI, my husband's name is TJ.)

Randomly one day when we were eating lunch...
"I like that God gave me eyebrows."

After I realized she'd unbuttoned her skirt...
"Cameron Kate, why did you unbutton your skirt?"
"It was too tight... Mama, it was KILLIN' ME!"

Another random question, this one directed at one of my friends visiting from out of town:
"Do you like canned tomatoes?"

After I got my haircut, I walked in the door and CK ran up to me, touching my hair...
"Oh Mama!  You look so pretty!  Your hair looks so 'cutted'!"

CK LOVES to eat vegetables, but only if they're dipped in ranch.  We always have to tell her not to dip her fingers in the ranch.  Finally, one day she replied, "But I'm a vegetable, too, so I can dip into the ranch!"

Yet another random statement... this time when we were on our daily stroller walk around the neighborhood...
"Mama... some days I like chickens, and some days I don't."

While deciding whether to hold a toy in her right or left hand...
"Well, my hands are learning how to share."

Me:  "Cameron Kate, will you stop getting so big?"
CK:  "No, mommy, because I like to reach the counters!"

CK:  "Mommy, when will my friends be here?"
Me:  "They should be here in just a minute."
CK:  "Okay, I'll count to 'just a minute'... 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-JUST-A-MINUTE."

And a personal favorite...
CK:  "Mommy, are you going to go to the 'hostible' when it's time for the baby to come out of your tummy?"
Me:  "Yep, and then when we're both strong and healthy, we'll come home."
CK then exclaimed in the most excited voice, with a look of absolute joy and surprise on her face:  "Then we'll have our OWN baby!!!!!" :)

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment