Friday, August 16, 2013

Peaches

Lately, life has been handing me a lot of lemons.  

And I've been trading them in for peaches.

...

Eating peaches together has become a simple, smile-filled part of Cameron Kate's and my summer routine.  When she wakes up from her nap, she immediately says, "Eat a peach with mama!"  I put her down, she runs that unmistakable toddler pitter-patter run all the way to couch, climbs up, and waits patiently for me to arrive with our peaches.  I sit on the ottoman in front of her, we share two peaches, alternating bites, giggling when the juice drips down our chins.  Every few minutes, one of us declares, "peach kiss!"  And we lean our faces in, meeting midway between the edges of the couch and the ottoman... "MUUUUAH!"

It's a little part of our day I've come to adore.  It's one of those rare experiences where you can feel joy from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.  

And it's a moment in time that forces me to forget the lemons, and focus on the peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment