Sunday, August 18, 2013

Our Summer

To my Cameron Kate,

I cannot thank you enough for giving me the BEST summer of my entire life.  We have had so much fun together throughout the past eight weeks!  I have done my best to document  our time together not only so that I never forget, but also so that one day, when you're a bit older, I can show you how much sunshine you've brought into my life.

Here, sweet girl, is how we spent our summer together...

You woke up on morning and requested a ponytail:

You spent a LOT of time in sunglasses:

We went to the public library for lots of cool events, like a reptile extravaganza and a magic show:

We got PIGTAILS!!!!!

We visited your Great Granny and Great Aunt Faye... so special:

We let Dad get in on the fun every once in awhile:

We had donut picnics:


And Chick-Fil-A lunch dates:

You discovered a love for my jewelry:
And my heels:

We played with sidewalk chalk:

We became Sci-Works "regulars":

 You learned to throw AND catch a ball:

We watched Daddy play softball:

We ate A LOT of "ice keeeeeem":

You soaked in some extra time with Banks and Raleigh, who you adore:

We enjoyed back-porch dinners:





We spent many afternoons at Tanglewood's pool and splash pad:
And many of those visits were with your good buddy Grace:


We visited the Greensboro Science Center:

You had a lot of toddler moments: 

We went on plenty of wagon rides around the neighborhood:

We made a lot of wishes, most of which we're still hoping will come true... one day: 

 You grew up, way too quickly:

We played putt-putt:
 
 

We frequented Barnes & Noble's story time:

We spent a lot of time in the backyard, bouncing between a pool, a water table, sprinklers, and yes, a tomato house:
 
 
  
 

 We visited Beaufort, SC, to watch your Uncle Randy get married:
 


We spent one of the best weeks of my life at the beach:

The playground became your home away from home:

We made sock puppets:

We went on MANY cupcake dates:

We both had a blast at your Tuesday gymnastic classes:

I introduced you to the world of banana splits:

We built forts on rainy days:
 

We fingerpainted:
 

You perfected your "cheeeeeeeeeese!!":

You became quite the little swimmer:

 You became obsessed with your purse, which is almost heavier than mine, and now goes into your crib for naps and bedtime:

I soaked in every second, my sweet girl...
And each of those seconds reminded me how important it is to breathe in every moment as your mama...
Because to-do lists, and errands, and chores... they're not going anywhere...
But your childhood?  It's already going by way too quickly... and I am determined to make sure we both get the most out of this life we've been given.
A life that is sprinkled with so much joy because I get to be YOUR mama.  You don't even realize it yet, my dear, but you are the best, most important thing that has ever happened to me.  God knew exactly what he was doing he gave me you... a little girl whose spirit inspires me to be better, to do better.
Though our summer together has come to an end, I know I have SO much to look forward to... all because of you, Cameron Kate.
xo

1 comment:

  1. great photos, so glad you had a great summer with your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete