Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Spring Break 2020

This post is a bit delayed because QUARANTINE LIFE IS HARD Y'ALL, but mostly for myself I wanted to document Spring Break 2020.  It was wild and crazy and adventurous and nonstop busy and we packed in as much as we could!

Just kidding.

We stayed home.  And other than a neighborhood stroll, we stayed within the four walls of our home and inside of our yard.

But.

It was good.  It was really good.  And here is why:

We spent spring break with snails and worms and our new ant farm (update, 2 weeks later all ants are dead) and caterpillars (which have now formed cocoons inside mason jars!)...

We painted rocks and hid them in the neighborhood in an attempt to bring a smile to those around us:

We wore lots and lots and LOTS of costumes:

We played many games, and PSA I am a tinnnnny bit competitive, even against three children aged 8 and under...

We had nature scavenger hunts:

We ate all day, errrrrday. (See: grocery bill.)
 
My girl started spending a lot of time in the kitchen with me, fueling her new desire to learn how to cook:

We also spent a LOT of time (most hours of the day) outdoors, thanks to the beautiful weather and a new (to us!) trampoline:

We enjoyed visits from ice cream trucks and Kona icee vans:

My sweet girl battled her second migraine, a day we'd both like to forget. :(

We walked and scooter'd and biked the neighborhood as much as we possibly could because leaving our driveway FEELS LIKE A VACATION:

We were all usually half-dressed and/or in pajamas.

We celebrated Jesus rising with dyeing eggs, an Easter egg hunt, and a delicious cake -- whiiiich we ate for dinner.

We created the biggest bubbles I've ever seen:

And most importantly, inbetween arguments and wrestling matches and timeouts and deep breaths, we soaked in each other and snuggled and hugged and smooched and laughed and it was all just so, so wonderful...




Honestly, as hard as each day has been since I started the work-from-home, homeschool, only-adult-in-the-quarantined-house gig -- I have truly settled into loving this slower-paced life.  I find myself noticing so many small things that I was too busy to see... I find myself getting to know my trio in a completely different way... I find myself feeling more at ease, more comfortable, and more in love with the beautiful chaos that is my life.  So while Spring Break 2020 looked and felt differently than I had originally planned, I am so thankful for the bugs, the sunshine, the snacks, the sprinkler, the bubbles, the snuggles, the messes, and yes -- even the losing-patience moments... because I am finding myself {more than ever before} so incredibly grateful to be theirs. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment