Sunday, November 4, 2018

It's Been a Busy Fall, Y'all!

Just a little fall update from me and my crew. :)  

It has been the busiest, most hectic, most nonstop, most chaotic, most overwhelming and stressful fall in the history of ever ever ever for me.  BUT, it has also been full of happiness and joy and hope and excitement for what is to come and so much fun with these kiddos of mine.

Here is a snapshot of what we've been up to during one of my favorite times of the year!!

We added three new family members to our crazy household -- pinky, purpley, and orangey. HA!  A surprise birthday gift for my girl, and THEY'RE STILL ALIVE!!

We've had a lot of fun cheering on our Clemson Tigers this season.  The kids know on Saturdays, "WE WATCH FOOTBALL MAMA."

We've managed to sneak in some snuggling into all of the nooks and crannies of our days/evenings.  The.best.

Somehow I haven't completely drowned at work, mostly because of this woman right here.  #workwife -- I basically think she hung the moon and I want to be her when I grow up. :)

We've enjoyed some unseasonably warmer fall weather!

#teamworkmakesthedreamwork

My boys are obsessed with their new preschool.  The teachers there have been such an answered prayer, more than they'll ever know. <3

I've had a heart full of hope and happiness and fun and so, so many smiles and laughter, because of this guy right here.

We've struggled on Monday mornings.  Or, all the mornings.

My girl has been kicking butt in first grade and I am just so very, very proud of the little lady she is becoming.

We somehow got through two different fall sport seasons at two different rec facilities thanks to a village of people.  And omigosh y'all I love love watching my kids play sports, but I am not going to lie - I am SO glad to have a break in practices and games for awhile.  I mean I'm not even sure how I'll ever manage to add Brooks into the extracurricular mix?!

We got our fall festivals on at both the elementary school and the preschool and at our church!

We started a new tradition, and traveled to a farm out in Alabama for pumpkin-picking and hayride-riding and game-playing and goody-eating.  And let me just say that there were several moments I was in tears.  It was a perfect fall day and just pure fun and joy and in the middle of a very stressful season it really reminded me of what life is all about. <3

We successfully painted and carved our pumpkins and even made some yummy, spooky skeleton cookies... :)

I was able to participate in the second annual Strides for Sheri, a run to celebrate the life of a woman who is in my heart every single day reminding me to choose joy.

We party-hopped on Halloween before trick-or-treating with some of our favorites.  It was a busy night full of way way WAY too much candy!

With a recent day off of work and school, my girl and I snuck in some much-needed mama/daughter time.  Donuts and shopping and voting and movies made for a day we will never forget!

And in lieu of a party this year (because I have a strict party-every-other-year policy around these parts), Everette got to choose a "fun" activity for us to do as a family.  So it was a day at Monkey Joe's with my monkeys, celebrating my almost-four-year-old!!

And now we head into my most favorite holiday - Thanksgiving.  We've hung our THANKFUL banners and started our Thankful Leaves, which the kids and I always look forward to doing each day of November.
The Thanksgiving season has always been one that makes me take pause... and that's what I hope to do in the coming weeks -- pause, slow, and breathe in all of them, all of us, all of this... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment