Thursday, April 5, 2018

Currently

Since I'm currently on Spring Break with a tiny minute to get lost in my blog, I thought I'd write a post on something I used to do every so often... which is to include what's currently going on in my crazy, chaotic, beautiful life...

So, I am CURRENTLY...

*Loving - the Hip Hop BBQ Pandora station.  Don't judge me.  Go listen, and you'll be hooked, too.  You're welcome.

*Reading - Girl Wash Your Face, which is lighthearted and so good and full of so many truths.  And also?  This devotional every morning, which I am loving.  Can't start my day without multiple cups of coffee and Jesus!

*Waiting for - the pollen to GO AWAY.  I woke up with no voice a couple weeks ago - like literally, no sounds coming out of my mouth (and if you know me, you know this also means it was the quietest I've probably ever been in my whole entire life).  Anyway - I am now on a constant, heavy dose of daily Zyrtec and some other allergy medicine because the entire town of Carrollton is basically covered in seven inches of pollen.

*Trying to - wrap my brain around the fact that my sweet CK is a reading machine!  Girl is just like her mama, and loves all things school/homework/academics. #NERD and proud.  But y'all, listening to her read basically makes my heart want to explode out of my chest.  The BEST!!

*Excited about - the fact that I now officially own my house ALL BY MYSELF.  It took a lot of learning and number-crunching and hard work, and it took crawling out of the hardest season of my life.  But I did it!


*Working on - my fitness. HA!  Now, y'all know I need to run like I need to breathe.  BUT, I decided I wanted to see some changes in this mom bod, and am mixing in some weights and workout classes inbetween my runs.  And it's honestly refreshing to be doing something a little different!

*Enjoying - this week off of work!  I love, love, LOVE my job.  But a week off with time for me and time with friends and time for new adventures and time with my kids is good for the soul.

*Using - Netflix, like crazy.  To save some money I cancelled all forms of cable, etc.  So we only use Netflix and I love getting sucked into binge-watching shows.  Come college football season, I'm gonna need an antenna or a sports bar or something... but for now, Netflix will do.

*Wearing - MyIntent bracelet.  Haven't taken it off in about six months.  Have you heard of them?  I love the story behind it, what it represents, how you make it your own.  Last February I got my very first one, and my words were Be Still.  My current words?  Choose Joy.  I'm starting to get the itch that it may be time for a new one, but need to wait and see what word(s) my heart settles into...

*Planning - my birthday weekend!  Thanks to a huge surprise, I have a fun trip in the works with some of my most favorite people, and I cannot wait to be sitting on an airplane by their sides!

*Singing - this song!!  My kids and I love this song, and it's our go-to kitchen-dance-party track.

*Needing - to teach CK and E how to put on their own soccer gear.  Like, why isn't there a better way to put shin guards and those big ol' socks on a three-year-old's foot?  It literally takes me like fifteen solid minutes to get Everette geared up for soccer, and I usually end up sweating.  Which, if you're wondering, being on his very own soccer team is like the best thing that has ever happened to Everette in his whole life.

*Listening to - so many good podcasts.  I've been listening while I get ready in the mornings, and during my runs.  My current favorite is For the Love with Jen Hatmaker.  So good, especially if you love her books as much as I do!

*Learning - to let myself be vulnerable, again.  And to let others help me when I need it.  That it's okay to ask for help, too.  So to those of you who will come fix a broken toilet or mow the grass, to my neighbors who are always there when I need any and everything, to my brother and his wife who came into town and spoiled me and the kids with handiwork and food and a freezer full of meals... thank you. <3  And as I always say, your kindness and generosity and selflessness will be paid forward!

*Doing - some praying because y'all -- tomorrow night I will have FIVE KIDS in this house BY MYSELF.  CK has been begging to have her first sleepover, and I finally agreed.  I've got double the ingredients for our traditional Saturday morning breakfasts to fill up all the bellies, and all kinds of snacks in the pantry.  This house is about to be taken over by five children 6 and under.  PRAY.

*Wishing - the weather would stay warm!  Sunshine does a soul good, and lately Georgia can't quite decide which season it is.  I am ready to spend all daylight hours outside, pleaseandthankyou.

*Dreaming of - so many things, you guys.  So many dreams, so many things to be excited about, so much to look forward to... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment