Thursday, November 2, 2017

Happy SUPER (late) Halloween!

Because my kids and I are quickly learning that we've all got a little superhero inside of us... <3

My trio and I had an awesome Halloween.  So awesome, in fact, that Cameron's ear drum ended up rupturing on Tuesday night. #partyhard

ANYWAY.

Halloween festivities around these parts tend to last for about two weeks between all of the festivals and parties and activities and celebrations.  This year it started with an annual adults-only costume party.  I had a different costume in mind, but my friends convinced me to throw on some gold leggings (THANK YOU AMAZON PRIME) and rock out some Wonder Woman.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love my village?

Perhaps my most favorite part of the Halloween activities was celebrating the life of a woman who taught me to CHOOSE JOY.  Despite bronchitis and a nasty sinus infection, a steroid shot + antibiotic = somehow finding it in me to run a 5K in the rain.  Honestly, I'm not sure anything could've held me back from honoring Sheri.

 And then it was time for our church's annual Perky Pumpkin party! Despite some horrible weather, we were able to move the festivities indoors, eat way too much candy, win the cake walk (a time or three), and introduce Brooks to his new obsessions:  the lollipop.


To be completely honest, this holiday was a little hard for me this year.  But I did everything I could to try to choose joy and focus on my three amazing kids.  On Halloween Eve, we had the best afternoon... we decorated with spiderwebs they've been BEGGING me to buy, got Boo'd by some very special people who knew we needed a smile, tried Pop Rocks for the first time (Brooks + Pop Rocks = laughing 'til we cried!), I carved my very first pumpkin all by myself, we had a kitchen dance party a la Pandora's Halloween Kids station, and we made homemade Halloween cookies:


And then - finally - HALLOWEEN!  We packed in a full day of celebrating with Everette's class celebration, two awesome parties, and trick-or-treating.  We had a blast.  And-- we were exhausted.

So Happy Halloween from Captain America, Spiderman, and his Spider sidekick... the three tiny humans who inspire me to find my superhero-ness each and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment