Friday, May 30, 2014

Five on Friday!

I'm linking up again for Five on Friday!  I hope everyone has had a great week, and, of course, TGIF!


O N E
I think we've finally recovered after a busy, fun-filled, packed weekend celebrating my stepsister's wedding!  Last Thursday we traveled back to my hometown of Columbia and got to see almost all of my extended family members (to those of you we didn't see... we missed you!). CK partied her little butt off, staying up past ELEVEN PM for three straight nights and rocking the wedding dance floor for hours.  The bride was glowing, my stepdad managed to keep it together while he gave away his baby girl, and I think we worked hard to convince my northern relatives that the south is WHERE IT'S AT.

T W O
We ordered CK a playground for the backyard and I am DYING to get it.  It won't be delivered/installed for a couple weeks, but I cannot wait to see the look on her face when we walk out the door and she sees that she has her very own slide and swings!!

T H R E E
I am bored with summer television... but today I saw a commercial advertising the return of Big Brother!  Yippeeee!!!!  It doesn't get any trashier or mindless than watching a show that glorifies sticking a bunch of people with nothing better to do in a secluded house covered in cameras and dripping with drama.

F O U R
I had my 16-week checkup this week for Rocky, and all was good!  The numbers on the scale don't lie, my friends.  After a slow first trimester gain, the lbs are packing on.  And I'm welcoming them with open arms she says as she reaches into the bag for more Doritos.  I STILL have nausea that just won't give it up, though I'm also starting to feel like a bottomless pit.  I'm hungry all.the.time.  And when I get pregnant, I'm not a basketball-up-the-shirt kind of gal.  I get pregnant from my eyebrows to my ankles.  All jokes aside, I am trying to eat a little healthier when I can stomach it, and I get in a 2.5-3.5 mile walk most days.  Next up is the anatomy scan at the end of June, an appointment that brings me a lot of anxiety since we'll be checking on Rocky from the top of his/her head to his/her tiny toes.  I can't believe we're weeks away from being at the halfway point...

F I V E
We've finally got some fun summer plans in the works, including out-of-town family coming for the 4th (and a Braves game!), my NC girlfriends crashing my little GA town, and... drumroll... A BEACH TRIP!  T and I finally booked a little condo on the beach for the three of us, and the countdown 'til we have our toes in the sand is officially ON!

4 comments:

  1. Spill!! Which beach are y'all headed to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... after hours of searching under strict requirements - had to be less than 6 hours away, wanted to be ON the beach, owner had to let us rent for less than a week due to T's work schedule... we chose Tybee Island!

      Delete
  2. We have a fun swing set outside.
    Our problem: it's made of wood & has attracted those monstrous carpenter bees that like to get up close & personal while we try to play outside.
    I'm not digging that... Have a fun family getaway ;)
    And eat all the Doritos you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Have you tried the carpenter bee filler? That's no fun! I hope you're having a great summer!!

      Delete