Sunday, February 9, 2014

Random Weekend Brain Dump!

*First things first - youguysyouguysyouguys...
Please look at this bundle of sweetness.  That, my friends, is my new niece, Addison.  Isn't she perfection?!  And this is my brother, wrapped around her finger already:
And my beautiful sister-in-law, partner-in-crime, who was born to do this whole mama thing:
Every time I look at these pictures, I get a knot in my throat.  I already love sweet Addy so, so much and cannot wait to snuggle her in person.  I'd already be there if I had doctor's permission to leave town!  For now, though, we'll have to settle for Facetiming, every.single.day:

Ok, now on to more randoms that are a little less exciting...

*Like everyone else, I am OVER the cold weather.  We even got more snow on Thursday!  Who would've thought we'd see so much winter weather in GA?!  The snow was fun for like a day, but I'm so ready for long summer days spent hanging out in our new neighborhood.

*T and I just caught up on our Nashville episodes - I've always loved it, but it has gotten really good lately!  

*Last Thursday night we got all dressed and ready to go to an art show at the university.  I was pretty excited about it and was looking forward to supporting UWG by finding an inexpensive piece for our new house.  Whaddya know... the art show is THIS Thursday.  Oops!!

*Speaking of this Thursday, it's my hub's thirty-fourth birthday!!  We've decided not to do any gifts this year for birthdays/holidays because of medical bills, but I'm having such a hard time just doing NOTHING for him.  We had a firm rule, no presents.  But I'm all about making a big deal out of birthdays.  Any practically free suggestions for a thirty-four-year-old man who deserves to feel so special?

*How are you feeling about the Olympics?  I'm kind of meh about it all.  I love the summer olympics, but never really get into it in the winter.  Maybe it'll be different this year since I'm home all day and can kind of keep up with what's going on?

*Y'all... have I mentioned that I'm currently driving a minivan?  And no, not your typical minivan - a 1990s Honda Odyssey.  (Google it... but then please still be my friend.) If you know my husband, you know he LOVES cars.  He has made a habit out of buying and selling cars and making money in the process.  It actually drives me crazy, but I can't complain because he's so good at it.  Well, when all of our medical stuff took over our lives and our wallets, it became clear pretty quickly that our car situation needed to change drastically.  So our awesome Sequoia which we love so much is for sale so that we can downgrade to get some quick cash and, enter stage right - the Odyssey.  At first, it wasn't so bad.  But when you move to a new town and are trying to make friends with all these cute young moms driving cute mom cars, cars that are like the exact opposite of a Honda Odyssey... it makes me a little self-conscious.  T tells me I'm being vain, and materialistic.  And I actually agree with him.  But it doesn't change the way I feel about it!  Please don't judge my minivan!!

*And speaking of meeting new people... I have met quite a few in my new little GA town!  It's so funny because I feel like I'm a single woman scouring a bar for a guy, hoping he'll ask for my number - but instead I'm a young mom with no friends scouring Kindermusik class for another young mom, hoping she'll want to be my friend! ha!  Truth is, it's hard sometimes, because I'll meet someone who I feel like I really connect with, who I can see calling fifteen years from now to talk about how hard the teenage years are as a parent... but most of the people here already have their lives established and are surrounded by family and friends and busy social calendars.  I just hope I fit in somewhere, ya know?

*You guys... insurance companies suck.  And I now know why some people move to Massachusetts JUST to get fertility coverage.

*Have I ever mentioned how much I love red wine?  I didn't think so.  Anyway, I found a cheap Pinot Noir that tastes like Kool Aid to me.  It is so good, too good.  I love when it's time for my 5pm glass of red!!

*I've had to make a lot of phone calls lately to banks, power companies, customer service lines, etc., and I cannot tell you how many times they think I say my name is Jessica BIEL.  Yeah, I wish (Hellllooooooo JT).

*Our new house has an infestation of... wait for it... LADYBUGS.  They are everywhere.  And you can't really kill ladybugs, you know?  There's just something wrong about that.  But y'all - what do we do about it?!

*So, I'm such a cynic when it comes to yoga.  I tried a class one time, years ago, and as soon as the lady told us to clear our minds, I giggled.  And never went back.  I did do some prenatal yoga while pregnant with CK, but that was more like a moose attempting a split.  So when a new friend asked me to go to a heated power yoga class, I obliged for two reasons:  (a) I was looking forward to another opportunity to get together with said new friend, and (b) I'm supposed to be trying less jarring exercises, per doctor's orders.  Y'all, I can hardly breathe today without grimacing in pain.  Yoga kicked my butt!  And now I am obsessed!!!!!!

*Yesterday, CK fell down the stairs.  And not just like a little slip - like a full-on laid-out Olympic-style front flip, landing on her back on the hardwood floor at the bottom.  I was standing right there, and witnessed it in what seemed like slow-motion.  It scared us both, and I am just so, so glad she didn't get hurt.  Talk about a heart-stopping mama moment.  Whew.

*I am feeling such a thirst to get back to church, and every Sunday since we moved here we haven't been able to go for one reason or another.  I can't wait to find a church here in GA to call home.

*And lastly, I am really wrestling over what to do in the fall in terms of employment.  And while it may seem like there's plenty of time to decide, most preschools do their fall registration within the next month... so the decision needs to be made soon.  I can't decide whether to stay home for another year and keep CK home with me, stay home for another year and send CK to preschool two mornings a week, or go back to work part-time with CK in preschool part-time.  I'm wrestling over this decision for many reasons, and I'll save the rest of the conversation for another post, soon.  I just want to make the right and best decision for our little family, and right now I don't know what that is.

Ok, off to enjoy this BEAUTIFUL weather until winter slaps us in the face again on Tuesday.  Happy weekend!! 

4 comments:

  1. Love reading this brain dump. But. You forgot to mention one VERY important, key piece of information. Must I even say it? Really?

    The cookie dough Oreos!!!! The COOKIE.DOUGH.OREOS. Three words that so belong together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHH!!! I did forget. How could I?! I was even eating them WHILE typing!!!

      Delete
  2. Okay, so I have three things for you. For TJ's birthday, what if you bought all of his favorite snacks, treats, and drinks and put together kind of a snack basket for him? I've done it for Scott in the past, and it's cheap and thoughtful. Second, my parents have tons of ladybugs! I'll ask her what they do to get rid of them. And third, as far as the fall situation, I think sending CK to preschool 2 mornings a week and you continuing to stay home will give you the best of both worlds. You can still get so much of that one on one fun time together as a stay at home mom, but then she gets to go to preschool, learn, make friends, and get a change of scenery, and you can have a bit of time to yourself too! PLUS...You will no doubt meet new mom friends through CK's school friends! I have met some great moms and made new friends through the girls preschool. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that idea for T! Headed to Target today and will scope out the snack aisle. :) Keep me posted on the ladybugs - so crazy! I guess it's a GA thing?! And thanks for the advice - I'm just so fortunate to even have this opportunity to stay home, I think I'd be crazy to pass it up! XO!!

      Delete