Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving always has been and always will be my most favorite holiday.  As CK gets older, it becomes increasingly special as I can share with her the real reason for the holiday.  As I posted previously, though she's only two, I am really trying to teach her the meaning of kindness.  On a smaller scale, though, I've been attempting to have meaningful conversations with her about what being thankful actually means.

This started one afternoon when we talked about what we pray for each night, how we thank God for all of our blessings and what that means.  And then I started asking her daily, 

"What are you thankful for today?"

This is an interesting concept for a two-year-old.  Each day I'd remind her of the word "thankful" and then ask the same question.  Our daily ritual actually went better than I expected (though it took her awhile to add me to the list!).  But everyday, when I asked her what she was thankful for, she'd start with what she said the first day, then go through every.single.answer she'd given thus far before she'd even think about telling me something new.  It was awesome.

And without further ado, here is her list:

1.  Dada
2.  Jesus
3.  God
4.  Grammy
5.  PaPa
6.  Mama
7.  Ellie
8.  Bailey
9.  Bailey's food and water
10.  Her highchair
11.  Santa Claus
12.  Her nose
13.  Aunt Whit
14.  Uncle Ronald
15.  Leaf piles
16.  Honey mustard

And if you didn't make the cut this year, don't take it personally.  To be honest, she doesn't even like honey mustard.

Anyway, sending love your way this Thanksgiving, from the Peeles.
Shirt made by Goat and Lulu, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment