1. I ate a Rolo McFlurry last night. With extra Rolos. Oh, and M&Ms. It was delicious. I then promptly ran about 4 miles this morning.
2. Speaking of M&Ms, I love them, in any variety. Peanut, almond, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, pretzel, peanut butter… I don’t discriminate. There’s just something about a handful of M&Ms, especially right after a run (like this morning's run, which was supposed to counteract the McFlurry from last night… oops.).
3. I just found out that on my first day back at work, I have an all-day training at an elementary school in the district. Though trying to find a place to pump in an unknown location is never fun, I’m hopeful that being somewhere unfamiliar surrounded by lots of people will be a good distraction from the ache in my heart.
4. And while we’re on the back-to-work topic, it’s both pitiful and embarrassing how many tears I’ve shed about the upcoming D Day. I mean, really, I’m so incredibly blessed, so fortunate to live the life that I live, with an awesome hub, perfect daughter, and job that I truly enjoy. Please know that I do not take these things for granted. It’s just hard to ignore the knot in my throat, and I think it’s even harder for anyone to understand what it’s like – unless you’ve been a working mama who wants more than anything to be home raising your kids.
5. Ok, enough about that. But before I leave this topic, I just have to say that I have an incredible husband. A man who sought out a part-time job, offering to work both nights and weekends so I can be a stay-at-home mom. Of course, I will not let him do this. I will not sacrifice HIS time with CK or OUR time altogether as a family. But wow – how did I get so lucky?!
6. This weekend we worked on more baby-proofing and changed some décor around the house. It’s looking good, though we still have a lot of work to do! I just wish I was much more skilled in the area of DIY, crafts, decorating, etc. I always feel like the décor in my house is so inadequate when I go to other people’s houses.
7. My affair with Shades of Grey has been put on hold due to my Olympics obsession. I usually read in bed before falling asleep, but lately I’ve been up until almost midnight each night (which is LATE for me!), because NBC has decided to show the good stuff right around 11pm. And by the good stuff, I mean gymnastics.
8. I could go to Target everyday of the week and never run out of things to buy.
9. This morning at 5am I heard a noise and decided someone was trying to break into our house (probably the diaper-bag stealer). I woke up my hub. We both stared out the window, listening for the rustling of leaves I swore I heard. He decided it was a cat and went back to sleep. I decided someone had surely tried to break into our house, lying wide-eyed and awake until I got Cameron up at 6:45.
10. I finally started making use of some of my Pinterest recipe finds, including lots of freezer meals to have on hand when life gets in the way of my gourmet cooking.
11. I got almost 4 inches cut off of my ratty hair last week, and it feels so short!
12. Cameron loves black beans and broccoli, but they both give her terrible gas and gas pains! (Like mother, like daughter.)
13. On Saturday I spent about 2 ½ hours doing some clothes shopping for myself with all of the other tax-free crazies. It was the first time in many, many, many months that I set out to shop for me and only me.
14. We decided to try to switch from Pampers to Target-brand diapers in an effort to pinch pennies. I'll be interested to see how they hold up!
15. With Cameron Kate’s 1st birthday just two months away, I feel like I should start planning. Probably because my sisters are party-planning-extraordinaires. But because I know it’ll never compare to their awesome parties, I’m too overwhelmed to even begin the process.
16. My sister-in-law is a little over three months away from the birth of her second baby boy, and I am getting SO excited! I can’t wait to meet the little guy!!
17. One wayward glance into a Target mirror and I’ve decided I’ve reached the age and stage of life where I should no longer go out in public sans makeup.
18. I already have my heart set on a name for my unborn, un-conceived next baby girl.
19. I am PUMPED about some college football!
20. I really wish I could write for a living. I’m far too unqualified and know it’s one of the hardest fields to break into, but I love, love, love to write.