Thursday, August 23, 2012

Because I'm an Exhausted, Working Mama and Can't Find the Motivation to Put Together a Fluent, Coherent, Enjoyable Piece of Prose.


More randomness you could probably care less about from my crazy brain.

*Going back to work has proven to be even more emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausting than I was prepared for.  See, I’m even ending sentences in prepositions.

*And, ummmm, this will eventually merit it’s own lengthy post, but MY LITTLE SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I’m just a tad bit excited. J

*We had such a fun time last weekend with Grammy and PaPa Peele!  The boys worked hard replacing a fence in our backyard while the girls shopped.  Cameron Kate adores her Grammy and just kept giving her hug after hug after hug. J

*I’ve ordered Cameron’s first birthday outfit and am working with a lady on Etsy with finishing up her invitation proof.  How is she already almost 1?!

*I miss running. L  It seriously is an addiction for me.  And throughout the summer, I probably ran almost every day.  I know it sounds crazy, and annoying, but it’s often the only way I can get my head clear.  Now that I’m back at work, at the end of each day I wrestle with being too tired to run, or feel guilty if I’m pushing CK in the jogging stroller rather than playing with her face-to-face.  The only solution I can come up with is to do it a couple times during the week and then on the weekends, in order to try to balance it all.  But man… I miss running. L

*Bammy is coming to town!!!!!!!!  She’s coming up to hang out and take care of our girl and we are SO excited.  Tonight will be the first time someone other than me or T has put CK to bed.  Fingers crossed!

*I can’t believe I’m SOOOOO close to reaching my goal of breastfeeding for a year!!!

*Also, I can’t believe my older sister and her sweet little fam are moving in a couple weeks and will be only an hour and a half away from us!!  The Peeles are PUMPED!

*Cameron took not one, not two, but THREE steps last night!!

*She also started putting her hands together during prayers.  Melts.my.heart.

*She’s also cutting her top two side teeth.  Which has resulted in lots of sneezing, a runny nose, a sleepless night, fussiness, and terrible diaper rash.  Oh, and Mommy’s Sippy Cup.

*We sold my car!!  Well, technically T was driving it now that I drive our SUV.  But it was the first car I ever bought, and it trekked many, many miles during the two and a half years T and I were in a long-distance relationship.  It was definitely bittersweet to see it go!

*Remember the whole diaper bag debacle?  Let me just say that I am OBSESSED with my new Timi and Leslie Charlie diaper bag and am glad I ended up getting a replacement.

*Grammy bought Cameron some pink converse and I’m pretty much obsessed with them, too.

*Last night, since T was out of town, a friend and I had a girls’ night consisting of wine, pizza, Rolo brownies, and The Hunger Games.  It was basically perfection and exactly what I needed. J

*My love/hate relationship with Pinterest has recently turned into one more of love, I just hate that I’m back at work and don’t have time to spend on there!

*Cameron is officially terrified of both the vacuum cleaner and the hairdryer.  And by terrified, I mean ear-piercing screams, huge tears, and snot running down her face.  Which means my floors are dirty and my hair looks like a wet dog.

*I recently discovered that blue Dawn dish soap will get just about any stain out of anything.  It’s magical.

Sorry for the randomness… Have an awesome weekend!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love CK! The picutre of her saying prayers melts MY heart! :)

    ReplyDelete