Sunday, August 26, 2012

If We're Gonna be BFF


Depending on how well you know me, the following post may or may not be new knowledge.  But I’m at the stage of my life where I have old friends, and new friends, and it got me thinking – how well do the people in my life REALLY know me?

So, if we’re gonna be BFF, you should probably know the following before you commit.

I am a Christian, and I have come to my religious beliefs on my own.  I was raised Catholic until my father took his own life, lost my spiritual vision for awhile, rediscovered how incredible it is to know God around the age of 18, and was baptized by my father-in-law four years ago.  I have a lot to learn and a lot of growing to do as a Christian, but I look forward to my journey, especially now as I open Cameron’s eyes to all He has to offer.

I think spending time with family is about as good as it gets.  And if we’re really best, best friends, I probably consider you family.

I am ever so slightly obsessed with my daughter.  But just a tiny bit.

I am a morning person.

It grosses me out when people drink the milk left in the cereal bowl.

Though I undoubtedly make mistakes on this blog, people who constantly make grammatical errors drive me crazy.

Though I don’t have much time for tv these days, I have an embarrassing addiction to reality television.

I am also addicted to running.  As in, I will sometimes turn down social events because I feel the NEED to run.  I am that annoying girl who loves to put on her running shoes and pound the pavement.

However, my addiction to running has nothing to do with vanity.  It’s for my brain.

Speaking of my brain, I honestly believe I am slightly obsessive-compulsive.  I have a tendency to allow my brain to get hung up on things, and cannot move on from them until they’re JUST right.  Oh, and I am also a tad bit of a perfectionist.

And obviously, I love making lists.  With boxes to check off.  But even after the boxes are checked off, I have to mark a line through each to-do.  Because it just looks better that way.

I love cold beer, red wine, and margaritas.

I don’t understand wearing socks with sandals, men wearing jorts, or people who complain about their weight yet refuse to attempt healthy eating and exercising.

I worry way too much and am a control freak (and my New Year’s Resolution is pretty much the same every year – to be more spontaneous and go-with-the-flow).

I think surprises are one of the best things on the planet.  I especially love surprising OTHER people and making them feel special.

I think the best sound on the planet is laughter and the best smell is clean laundry.

I am incredibly loyal and will do anything for my family and friends.

I have a huge sweet tooth, and LOVE cupcakes (obviously), and sprinkles, and cake batter ice cream (or just plain old cake batter), and slightly undercooked desserts, and anything Oreo-ish, and Milky Ways.

But I HATE to cook.  Absolutely hate it.  I have tried and tried and tried so hard to love it, but it’s just not happening.

I also hate dressing up.  And being late.

I think my feet are hideous, but my least favorite body part is my stomach.

I have a heart that easily forgives… but has a hard time forgetting.

I think my husband is the best-looking, most adorable man I’ve ever seen.

I love making other people happy – to a fault.

I am very ornery when I am hungry.

I have a terrible, nagging sense of guilt about anything and everything.

I am absolutely terrified of being left.  And while I love having time to myself, I never want to feel alone.

Because of this, it takes a lot for me to let someone in and let myself be vulnerable.  I have been wronged too many times in my life… been given up on too many times… been left too many times. 

So if I have invited you into my heart, just know I’m here for the long haul.

Of course, that's only if you still care to be a part of my life after reading this...

No comments:

Post a Comment