Sunday, March 18, 2012

Will She Like Cupcakes?


As if the title of this blog wasn’t a big enough hint, I am a sucker for a cupcake.  All sweets, really – but something about a cupcake really does it for me.  At my wedding, I even opted for cupcakes instead of a wedding cake!

So anyway, lately Cameron Kate has been developing her little personality.  It’s so fun to watch her figure things out and blossom into, well, a little person.  We’ve concluded she has quite a silly side to her, and all of her recent developments have me wondering what kind of toddler/child/teenager/person she’ll grow into.

Will she like cupcakes?

Will she enjoy running, like her dad and I do?

I wonder if she’ll prefer cleats or ballet shoes.  Will she prefer pigtails with bows or a messy ponytail?

Will she be a planner, like me, or more go-with-the-flow, like her dad?

Will she love having her nose inside of a book, like her Bammy?

I wonder if she’ll like school as much as I did.  And if she’ll get into trouble for talking too much… like I did.

Will she like putting on makeup?  Will she be into dolls, and jewelry, and dress-up?

Will she enjoy swimming as much as her dad does?

I wonder how tall she’ll be and what color her eyes will settle into.

Will she like Minnie Mouse?  Or Sesame Street?

Will she like the beach, and the sand, and the ocean breeze?

I wonder a lot about my sweet girl, and can’t wait to see what her future holds.  As a toddler, as a little kid, and even as a teenager.

And truth be told, as long as she’s healthy and happy, I’ll be okay if she doesn’t like cupcakes!
 Hi!
 C's new best friend
 Running with my mom is exhausting!
 Practicing sitting like a big girl!
 Friday afternoon happy hour on the back porch!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment