Sunday, November 20, 2011

"It's Not About You Anymore"


These were the sweet words my hub said to me the other day.  (Love you babe!)  Now, I’m not sure if it was EVER about me – well, maybe it was for the past 9 months J -- but, he’s right.  (Don’t tell him I said that.)

If I remember correctly, these were the words he said to me when I was complaining that my pre-pregnancy clothes still don’t fit.  You see, I feel like I’ve lost quite a bit of my weight, I’ve been getting back to running, and paying attention to how much I’m eating (as much as you can while breastfeeding)… and yet these hips are still quite wide.  I can slip up most of my jeans, but the buttons just seem MILES apart.  But I wasn’t complaining about my hips – I was complaining about these JUGS.  (Yet again, I apologize to all of the men who read this blog.)  They are out of control.  Like, they don’t sell a bra that fits me in most stores.  And I have to wear two sports bras when I run.

         Like I said – Out.of.control.

And so even while my hips will continue shrinking, chances are, my JUGS will not.  So all of the shirts and sweaters and tops that I try on just do not fit.  And as long as I continue breastfeeding, I’m not sure if they ever will.  And when I was complaining about this to my hub, who I secretly hoped would reply, “Well, just go shopping” – his response was, “Well, it’s not about you anymore.”

         And… he’s right.

         It stopped being about me at 8:19pm on October 10th.

         And it has been absolutely wonderful living a life that’s not about me anymore. J

Which is why, my friends, I failed to post last week.  I didn’t have the luxury of stopping what I was doing to update the blog because a certain someone needed my undivided attention.  So I definitely have a lot to update!

Since my last post, our little girl is now over a month old – crazy!  At her one-month checkup, she weighed 11 lbs 4 oz – less than week later when we were back at the doctor for blood in her stool (everything is fine by the way!) she was up to 11 lbs 13 oz – No wonder she’s snugly fitting into three-month clothing!  She is in the 95th-98th percentile for her weight, height, and head circumference.  Man oh man I love our big girl. J

The doctor told us we’re still not supposed to take her to crowded places until she gets her vaccinations at her two-month checkup… so no Black Friday shopping for Cameron.  But I have gotten a lot better at taking her out and about!  This week my goal was to take her out of the house each day… we made our way to Target, Stein Mart, the mall, and even for our first outside run with the jogging stroller (with two sports bras on, of course).  We’re making serious progress!

C has also given the hub and I some serious sleep – she’s gone for 6ish hours overnight!  Who knew what uninterrupted sleep could do for a soul!  While she’s not following the same pattern/schedule every day or night, she is showing trends of 4-6 hours of sleep each night, which is awesome.  She’s also falling asleep on her own in her crib – such a big girl!  Our goal was to be able to put her down drowsy, but get her to soothe herself to sleep (without crying it out)… and we’re very proud of how well she’s doing. J

She also had her first poop in the bathtub.  The hub was holding our wet baby over the tub and we were both looking at the mass of poop floating around, laughing uncontrollably.

C and I have both managed to develop thrush – yuck – which I’m hoping will clear up and help ease the struggles I’ve had with breastfeeding.  She’s also on medicine for reflux… And since we’ve gotten her on these medicines, she just seems so much more content.  Hopefully we’ve remedied whatever was causing her discomfort.  She is starting to smile, and coo, and make all sorts of noises.  I love just laying on the floor beside her while she’s on her playmat, watching her discover the world.  I now know that when you’re a mom, it’s all about the little things. J

Speaking of being a mom, it’s time for me to get back to my girl.  As much as I’ve enjoyed the “me” time of sitting here, drinking coffee and updating this blog – I’ve got to get back to my daughter.  Because SHE it what it’s all about. J
 Bailey trying to lay with Dad like Cameron does!
 Check out those cheeks!
 Who you lookin' at?!
 1 Month Old!
 LOVE
 Go Tigers!
 Happy Dreams
 BIG Girl!
 Someone LOVES her swing!
 A quick visit with Meme!
 Passed out on a Friday night... I had NO clue he took this picture!
 My lil' cupcake

First run in the jogging stroller with mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment