Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bugs for my Bug and SURPRISE! Bammy is turning 60!

Once again, this is going to be a post that is short on words, and long on pictures.  But before, I start, I have to say…

LESS THAN A MONTH ‘TIL BABY PEELE’S DUE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J

Ok, now back to business.  We had a pretty good week this week... I forced myself to do a lot more rest and a little less production.  We had our final baby shower at the school where I work, and it was adorable!  As you know, I refer to our little one as “bug” – So the shower was bug-themed!


The tables were SO cute!  That's "dirt dessert" in the pail!!

Handmade tablecloths and ladybug/caterpillar cupcakes - SO cute!!

 Mom- and Dad-to-be!!  (Notice the ladybug/caterpillar balloons in the background!)

Everyone in the library!

My awesome friend, L WOOD (who helped host the shower) - THANK YOU!!!

I work with the best staff and they made me, my hub, and our little one feel so special. J

We also had a BIG weekend that I couldn’t talk about in any earlier posts because it was a surprise for my mom!!  After months and months of secretive planning, it was finally time for my mom’s surprise 60th birthday party!  While I'm not technically supposed to travel more than an hour away from home now that I’m headed toward the pregnancy finish line, we held our breath and headed to Columbia (with our hospital bags and car seat installed, of course… JUST in case).  Luckily, we didn’t need it – and the party was a HUGE success!  Here are a few pics from the event.  (I wish I knew how to link the video of when my mom walked in… it was the best reaction to a surprise I’ve EVER seen!!!)

 My nephew Banks waiting on Bammy to arrive!

 James & Lu

 I think she's almost here!

 :)

 22 Weeks & 35 Weeks!

 Watching everyone on the dance floor!


 Reading Mama our poem

 Mama & Digby taking it all in

 We just told her we're sending her to the US Open next year :)

 Mama and all her kiddos

 We love you!

 Whit & Octo-Ron :)

 Mama laying down the law and telling people to get up and dance!

 Gram and Grandma Jackie tearing up the dance floor!

 LOVE him




Gram and my adorable hub!

So obviously the weekend was an absolute blast, it was so nice to so many of my family members and of course it was priceless seeing my mom so happy.  I hope this gave her the tiniest glimpse of just how special she is!  (LOVE YOU BAMMY!!!)

I must admit that I am relieved to be back home and still knocked up.  The ride home was a little rough, and made me realize why, in fact, they advise against traveling.  I think Baby Peele was just in a tough position, so we kept having to stop so I could walk around and empty my bladder in attempts to get more comfortable.  I immediately put my pajamas on and parked my STILL widening tush on the couch as soon as we got home.  And now, the countdown begins. J

We have our 36-week checkup this Thursday, and I’m anxious to see how big we’re measuring and if my doctor decides to order a growth ultrasound.  We’re having some pretty major work done on the house this week (including a new roof, digging tunnels in the yard, and redoing ceilings – including the one in the nursery)… so needless to say, I’ll be glad when my house is put back together since we’ve worked so hard to get it where it is right now.  (And yes, I realize that we’re cutting it pretty close here… long story… And the more I think about it, the more my blood pressure rises, so I’m going to pretend like it’s not even happening J.)

Only 20 more days of work, and one week from Monday we’ll officially be full-term – WOOHOO!  Keep cookin’ Baby Peele!!!

35!
35 Weeks in stripes!

No comments:

Post a Comment