Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!



Not my baby, of course.  Baby Peele’s gender is still only known by him/her and the big man above.

         The GIRL I speak of is my soon-to-be NIECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J J J

I posted awhile back about my sister being pregnant, and you’ve seen our bumps mashed together in previous pics.  We are exactly 13 weeks apart, and she decided to have a 3D ultrasound to find out the sex of her bambino bambina early, and I am so so so so SO excited to finally be able to announce that I’m gonna have a NIECE!!  With two nephews (who I absolutely adore), I can’t wait to shop in the baby girl section.  I already bought her two outfits with cupcakes on them.  (Duh.  Have you seen the title of this blog?)  And, I can’t WAIT to watch my sister be a mom to a daughter.  She is going to be incredible.  I tear up just thinking/typing about it!  (Dang pregnancy hormones!)

As far as Baby Peele and his/her mama go, we’re truckin’ along.  I started back to work this week, which wasn’t quite as painful as I thought it would be since I now know I’ll only be working for – at most – 8 and a half more weeks. J  (Until I return in January, of course.)  I had a little scare mid-week when I had constant sharp cramps and pains in my lower stomach.  I finally called the nurse, who didn’t ease my anxiety when she said, “You need to come in right away so we can make sure you’re not going into preterm labor.”  I immediately drove over there (luckily it’s about 5 minutes from my school), and got checked out.  Thankfully, it is just a bladder infection.  Still painful, and annoying, but much better than the alternative!

So I’m now on antibiotics to hopefully kick this nonsense to the curb.  I’ve got enough pregnancy aches and pains – the bladder infection is not a welcome addition!

Speaking of pregnancy aches and pains, this week has been sort of a doozie.  Let’s see… I’m already starting to swell like crazy in my legs and feet, my limbs fall asleep all the time, my back kills me by the end of the day, my tummy is streeeeetching (which isn’t always a fun feeling), and my previous wake-me-up-every-hour-on-the-hour-hip-pain has returned full force.

Hm.  Complain much?  Funny thing is, I wouldn’t trade it for the world.  I still LOVE being pregnant right now.  I love feeling the bug move around in there, which has actually changed quite a bit lately.  Instead of sharp kicks and punches, I now feel a lot of shifting, elbows/knees/arms/feet sliding across my belly.  It’s pretty cool!  I guess he/she is running out of room.  Also, the bug gets the hiccups all the time!!  I try to picture him/her in there with the hiccups, and it puts the biggest smile on my face. J  I especially love going out in public (now that I have a life since grad school is o-v-e-r!) so I can show off this bump!  I wanna look at everyone around me and say “Yes, I’m pregnant and due in about eight and a half weeks and we don’t know what it is and it’s our first and we’re so excited and we think we have names but we can’t decide on middle names and yes you can touch my belly and omigosh did you just see him/her kick?!”  But I don’t want people to think find out that I’m crazy.

I did go shopping today!  Boy how I miss shopping!!!  I was VERY fortunate to have a lot of maternity clothes lent to me, so I haven’t had to do much shopping since January.  The purchases I have made have been mostly online.  So on Saturday morning as I was getting ready for our breastfeeding class, I went to get dressed and the outfit I had picked out didn’t fit.  Hm, that was strange, I must have shrunk it accidentally.  So I tried on another shirt.  No way Jose.  I tried on another, and another, and another, until I realized that move of this summer I have walked around the house in a sports bra and shorts and maybe a tank top… Unbeknownst to me, as I was strutting my half-clothed self around the house, I was quickly outgrowing about 80% of my maternity clothes stash.

So anyway, I didn’t want to go on a major shopping spree since I’ll (hopefully) only need maternity clothes for about 8 more weeks, but I have to have SOMETHING to get me through the rest of my rounded-belly days!  So I ventured to Motherhood Maternity and omigosh thank goodness I didn’t go into this store earlier in my pregnancy or our bank account would have been in TROUBLE.  They have the cutest stuff!  I limited myself to a couple tshirts… and then bought myself some new perfume (not from Motherhood Maternity, of course).  You see, I have a thing of perfume that is almost completely full that I got for Christmas.  Unfortunately, I used it during my first trimester when nausea was a constant force.  Now, the smell of it makes me want to hurl.

Anyway, I’m sure you could care less about my tshirts and perfume.  And the news just informed me that there’s a tornado warning for my county, so I’m outta here.

31!!!!
31 Week Bump Under Cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment