Saturday, October 10, 2020

NINE

To my girl. 

 

You, Cameron Kate, are absolutely incredible.  You have a heart unlike any other, a spirit that lights up the room, a sweetness that is incomparable, a kindness that is inspiring. 

 

And today, you are NINE.


I cannot believe it’s already been NINE years, yet we’ve also experienced so much together since the day took your very first breath.

Some of what we’ve experienced has been joyful; some, painful.  We’ve had times filled with belly laughs and times filled with painful tears.  Our memories are beautiful, and our memories are hard.  Yet these NINE years have allowed me to become the best version of me, inspired by you.  And these NINE years have allowed you to grow into the most amazing little girl I have ever known.

I see so much of myself in you - both the strong parts and the struggles.  I see in your eyes a little girl who has so much to offer the world.  And my wish for you is that you always lead with your heart, and you always give yourself the same grace and love that you give to everyone around you.

 You absolutely love school, you want to be a second grade teacher, and you mostly love to write. (!!!) You have found a passion in soccer, you are such a patient and loving big sister, and you are a friend to everyone you meet.  You love oranges and peanut butter-banana-sandwiches and salty foods over sweets. You are a master of magic tricks, and you find so much joy in being silly.  You love sports (especially the Braves and the Clemson Tigers), you love being outside and getting dirty, and you love getting lost in your imagination.  You still sleep with Ellie (and Laney!), still need a morning snuggle, and still want me to call you my baby girl. <3

 At NINE years old, you are already wise beyond your years.  You already love beyond the general capacity of a little girl’s heart.  And you already feel a level of compassion and empathy that shape the way you live each day of your life.

 Cameron…. I am SO proud of you.  Everyday of being your mom has brought me more love and joy than you will ever know.  And I hope that one day you have a daughter, too - because only then will you know just how my heart beats along with yours.


Happy NINE to you, my bug.  Thank you for NINE years of being a mama.


To the moon and back and more than anything in this world. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment