Thursday, December 26, 2019

2019 in Review

As is my tradition, when the year comes to a close I like to reflect on each month and choose a picture(S) to represent what it held for us.  So, without further ado, here is what 2019 looked like for CK, E, Boosey, and me in a mamarazzi picture synopsis...

January:
 We went into the new year INTENTIONALLY, as I chose my "word" to focus on for 2019.  And, of course, we celebrated a National Championship for the Tigers!!

 February:
 A new tattoo (my second!) which is a daily reminder I will always need, and our first visit to Great Wolf Lodge.

 March:
 One of my most favorite pictures captured by a dear friend as I taught my daughter how to read a hymnal, one of my most favorite memories with my mom on a Walking Dead tour, and one of my most favorite decisions I've ever made -- welcoming our newest family member... Laney girl!!

April:
 A month of appreciating their blooming relationships, our daily snuggles, and buying the car I swore I'd never drive... a MINIVAN!

 May:
 Bad News Bears baseball, potty training the caboose, wrapping up a school year that challenged me in the best possible ways, and jumping into summer like HAAYYYYYYY.

June:
 Vacation Bible School, sweet summertime moments with my trio, and one of my most favorite life experiences to date - being a counselor at Woodland Christian Camp.

 July:
 A BLOMPS Beach Week to remember, and time with one of our most favorites. <3

 August:
 Welcoming E to "The Trojan School" + allllll the back-to-school excitement!! + a wedding weekend in CT, G Gram in Carrollton, and back to cheering for the Tigers in what we hope will be another championship-winning season!

September:
 CK rocking soccer, a much-needed girls' weekend with lifelong friends, my second half-marathon, and a 10K race that resulted in a first place medal!

 October:
 A family photoshoot that brilliantly captured our beautiful chaos, and a month during which I fell head-over-heals in love with my job.

 November:
A visit from my brother and his family that did my heart good, Saturday snuggles with bacon, cinnamon rolls, and College GameDay, and kicking off the season of thankfulness with my trio and some special time with my parents and my incredible G Gram.

 December:
 Whew!!  My girl's first ever 5K, which we ran hand-in-hand; BLOMPSmas 2019; taking CK as my wedding date =  a night to remember; E as a sheep and CK as Mary during the Christmas Eve church service; and soaking up allllll the magic of the holidays as a mama to an 8-, 5-, and 3-year-old.
2019 was peaceful and stressful, beautiful and insane, contented and worrisome, humbling and challenging, hopeful and despairing.  Which likely sums up most of the years of our lives, no?  I put 2019 behind us, thankful for the joy that allowed me to keep taking steps torward the sunshine, and appreciative of the trials that enabled me to grow in faith and in hopeful expectancy.
And?  I look forward to all the ways 2020 will undoubtedly challenge me, surprise me, and fill me with happiness in more ways than I can even fathom.
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'" Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment