Saturday, March 9, 2019

two point five

After all of the seasons of life I've been through, there aren't many things of which I am certain.

But what I am certain of?

This little ray of pure sunshine was an intentional, perfectly-timed gift from God.
A body that wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant.  A body that required thousands of dollars and an insane amount of medicine in order to conceive before.

And then a surprise baby boy who has given me life in my darkest days...

My Brooks.  My caboose.  My 'Boosey.

And today, this joyful, blonde-headed, wild-and-crazy little boy is two-and-a-HALF.

And y'all know we like to celebrate all the things around these parts.
Candle in a brownie!
So today, we lit a candle and sang Happy Half-Birthday! and made this little nugget feel all kinds of special.

Because he truly is so very, very special.

A two-and-a-half year old ray of light and joy and peace.  Silly and wild and definitely the comedian of my trio.  Loves to be held, will eat anyone under the table, enjoys any sport involving a ball, and thinks his big brother and sister hung the moon.

He is defiant and rough, a wrestler and a snuggler.

He walks with a swagger, like he knows just how cute he really is.

He is all boy (i.e. he's already had his first cast, an emergency dental visit due to a self-inflicted frenectomy, and is currently sporting two black eyes).

He loves his teachers and his friends at school and his tractor blanket and his baby Jack-Jack doll.

Brooks,
You are a gift God gave me during a time I didn't know I'd need you.  The reason I had to, was able to get out of bed when I wanted to stay and hide in the darkness.  You bring such joy to my world, and you put a ray of light and a boundless joy into the nooks and crannies of all of my days.
I love you, I love you, I love you.
Enough.  SO big.
Happy Half Birthday, 'Boosey.
~Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment