Monday, June 18, 2018

They are home.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me.  My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him." Psalm 28:7


They are home.

There were tears as I drove to pick them up, tears as I finally squeezed them in my arms, tears as we ran through the bubbles in the backyard, tears as we snuggled on the couch tonight and each said the one thing we most missed about each other.

Brooks:  "Mama -- miss -- yeah." <3

So many tears... tears of the pain and worry finally leaving my body -- tears of relief and thankfulness and joy.

I think I've kissed them eight hundred and seventeen times since I picked them up.  And tonight as I put CK to bed, her exact words were - "The day went by too quickly.  I couldn't wait to spend the day with you, and it went by so fast.  I can't wait until the morning so we can be together again."

Oh, my girl - you have no idea...


I will never forget her words.
Gosh I am just so glad I get to be theirs.  I am the luckiest mama... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment