Friday, March 17, 2017

AMEN it's FRIDAY!!

Goooooooood gracious what a long week.

Is it just me?

Daylight savings + kids + lots of appointments/checkups + a teething baby + extracurriculars + LIFE in general and this worn-down, feeling-not-enough mama is beyond ready for a weekend.

So TGIF!


O N E
I am so excited I can finally shout from the rooftops - I'm going to be an aunt to ANOTHER BLOMPS baby!  #12, if you're keeping count.  My brother and sister-in-law are giving this sweet Addy girl a little brother/sister this August.  Yippeeeeee!!

T W O
And speaking of my family, I've got to give a huge ATTA GIRL to my little sister Whitney, who passed her thesis defense with flying colors on Wednesday!  Y'all, my little sister... she is superwoman.  She has a 2-year-old and a 10-month-old, a traveling husband, and is in the final year of her orthodontist residency program.  Talk about kicking life's butt!  I am just so proud of her and so in awe of how she balances it all, yet continues to want to know how my life is going.  Whit, you are amazing and I am lucky to be your sister!

T H R E E
Speaking of teef... my two bigs had dentist appointments this week!  This was a big day for two reasons:  (1) it was Everette's first cleaning, and he did GREAT.  He had to sit in my lap and needed some coaxing from his sissy, but he handled it like a champ. And (2) my girl has two loose teeth!  Y'all!  This news has totally rocked my mama heart.  I remember when those teeth first poked through her gummy smile!  And now they are LOOSE!  Of course, she thinks she is big stuff and asks me everyday to help her wiggle them.

F O U R
And who doesn't have teeth yet?  My caboose.  But teeth or no teeth, it is officially time for baby food!  With which I have a love/hate relationship.  It's so fun to go through this stage, but also such a pain, because it's one.more.thing to add to the day.  It's easy to just whip it out and nurse him.  Now we have spoons and bowls and bibs and high chairs and messes and constipation.  BUT.  It really is fun!  And yes, I am making my own baby food once again because it is so cheap!  Y'all know I am far from being a crunchy, all-organic, all-natural mama (I wish I was!).  BUT making baby food is easy and ridiculously cheap - I'm talking like 32 ounces of sweet potatoes for less than $3.  Baked, blend, freeze, and voila!
Hashtag Breyers.  Hashtag don't judge my dirty freezer.
But this little toothless caboose is doing great so far!  And mostly loves making sure his tongue gets in the way of the spoon. Every time.

F I V E
And speaking of my sweet #3, he's officially half of a year old you guys!  HALF A YEAR!
It's been a completely imperfect, nonstop, chaotic, challenging half of a year. But this little dude makes me so happy. And he is worth every hard moment of the last six months.
He's still meh about sleep, has the fattest thighs ever, smacks everything, and drools like crazy.  I'm pretty sure he's about to get a tooth, but I've also thought that for awhile now.  He puts everything in his mouth, loves his crawl ball, and screams like a pterodactyl.
 He calls this his serious pose.
The best thing about him?

He's all ours.
Our caboose, our sweet butterball of a baby boy who loves to snuggle and giggle and smile.

Happy (belated) half birthday to our Brooks!

And Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment