Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

There was a moment this morning after all the presents were unwrapped... T and I were sitting on the couch, snuggling our E.  CK was playing with her new toys, her joy palpable.

And I lost it.

CK asked me why there were tears on my cheeks, to which I replied, "Sweet girl, I'm just so happy."

Christmas of 2012 and Christmas of 2013 were both preceded by D&Cs after losing two babies.  During both of those holiday seasons, we put on brave faces to celebrate with our girl, but our hearts were grieving.

Last December, our Christmas scene took place in a living room in NC in which we were surrounded by boxes and bubble wrap, with an out-of-state move planned for a couple days later.  If you would've told me then what our Christmas would look like this year, I may not have believed you... because it would sound too good to be true.

It feels too good to be true.

I've said it on here before and I'll say it again - I don't know what we did to deserve this life, this joy, all of this happiness - these two beautiful, healthy children who truly make everyday feel like Christmas.  But I can promise you I will never, ever take it for granted.  And I will always praise Him from whom all blessings flow.

"Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift."  (2 Corinthians 9:15)

And now, how we've celebrated Jesus' birthday...

We painted ornaments:

 We baked cookies for Santa:

We got all dressed up for church (Cannot handle the studly-ness of this stud muffin!):

 E attended his very first Christmas Eve candlelight service, and it was CK's fourth.  She was completely taken by the experience, and though I didn't get a picture during the service (because is it faux pas to take a picture during church?), I will never, ever forget her sweet face as we lit candles and sang "Silent Night"...

 Once home, we changed into our jammies:
 (Thanks Goat & Lulu!)

 We sprinkled reindeer food on the lawn:

We put those cookies we made earlier in the day on the fireplace for ol' Saint Nick:

 And we piled in the bed to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas:

We all woke up on Christmas morning very excited to see if Santa came!  But first, the obligatory top-of-the-stairs picture:

And yes!  Santa came!!

E couldn't quite handle all of the excitement:

But this little girl couldn't contain herself:

No makeup, no showers, pajama-family-selfie!

 My TWO kids <3

 Me and my girl after a mini spa party courtesy of her new Frozen beauty kit:

And me and my little buddy E, who last year at this time was just a hope and a dream...

My sweet boy, you were well worth the wait, and you and your sister are all I need this Christmas...

So Merry Christmas to you and your family... I hope your heart is full of joy this holiday season - ours certainly are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment