Friday, January 31, 2014

Pee Stick Anniversary

On January 31st, I always pause to remember what this day felt like in 2011.  Three years ago today, I found out I was going to be a mom... though  I had no clue I would get to be her mom.

As I've blogged about before, I will never, ever forget the very vivid details of that cold January morning -- the way my heart was beating so fast while I waited for the lines to pop up, and even faster still when I tiptoed into our bedroom to tell T the news he had dreamed of hearing.  It's crazy to think that at that moment, my three-foot-tall little girl was just a poppyseed-sized ball of cells in my tummy.

Was it the first and last time I'll see two pink lines that promise the opportunity to create a new life?  To snuggle a newborn?  To raise a perfect, innocent little being?  Who knows.  What I do know is that on that day, I had absolutely no clue just how incredible being a mama would be... especially a mama to my life-loving Cameron Kate.  And for that day, for those two pink lines, for her... I will always feel incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment