Sunday, April 10, 2011

We're 1/3 of the Way There!


As I type this, I’m technically at the END of Week 13, which means…

         HELLOOOOOOOO 2nd TRIMESTER!!!!!

         I’m so glad you’re here.

When I tell people I’m in my 2nd trimester now, they’re like, “Oh wow!  Didn’t that go by so fast?!”  Um, no people.  It’s been the longest few months of my entire life.  Don’t you remember?  I was miserably sick.  And tired.  And expanding.  And MISERABLY SICK.  So no, it didn’t go by so fast.  The 1st trimester was full of the slowest days I have ever experienced in my entire life.  And I am thrilled to bid it adieu.

So get the HECK out of here, and let the 2nd tri wonderfulness commence.

You see, that’s what I keep hearing… that the 2nd trimester is the absolute best.  You feel great, start to pop out a little baby bump (that looks less like a muffin top), and get that glow (that is not the result of nausea sweats).  I’m hoping this all happens soon!!  As I wrote previously, I have wanted to be pregnant my entire life.  The desire has been amped up since about September.  So when our dream came true, I was so excited to embrace and enjoy pregnancy in all its glory.

         Ha. Ha. Ha.

So now, I’m ready to truly embrace and enjoy being pregnant.  And I’m not going to sugarcoat it and say I’ve loved it so far – because truth is, it’s been the toughest few months of my entire life.  Physically, emotionally, and mentally.  I believe it all happens this way to prepare you for the extraordinary rollercoaster of motherhood, I’m just ready to enjoy it a little more – That’s all.

We had our monthly OB checkup last week, which was great.  There were a few more LBS on the scale than I anticipated, but I refuse to stress over weight gain so I’ve brushed it off and chalked it up to the water I chugged before the appointment.  We got to hear our precious baby’s heartbeat.  I got my awesome hub to record it, and just like the ultrasound dvd, I refuse to admit how many times I’ve listened to it or the attempts I’ve made to make it my ringtone.

I’m not sure how long this link will work, but you can check it out here!!


I also bought a few items to add to my maternity clothes wardrobe, realizing that all of the spring/summer clothes I recently pulled out of storage won’t be fitting for too much longer.  We scheduled our next appointment – April 29th!  Kate and William’s wedding!  (And my birthday!)  And we also scheduled our anatomy scan for May 19th.  Now, we still don’t plan on finding out what our little booger is, but I have to admit that having the date set for when we COULD find out makes it a little more tempting to change my mind.  But, my hub would kill me and has already told me not to even think about pulling any sort of reverse psychology to try to change our Team Green plans.

I’ve been feeling about the same – still not 100%, but much, much better than weeks past.  My craving for the Ruby Tuesday’s salad bar was quickly replaced with that for grilled hotdogs, so I’ve had 4 in a matter of 36 hours.  And they were AMAZING.  I probably would have eaten more, but I realized my hub needed to eat, too.

So yay for the 2nd trimester.  I am now anxiously awaiting those first kicks that I should feel in the next few weeks.  I swear I MAY have felt something last week.  I know, I know – it’s still WAY too early.  But I know which way the baby is facing right now, and I swear it felt like little tiny kicks.  But it was probably just gas.  At least, that’s what they tell me. J
13 Week Muffin Top Baby Bump!
13 Week Baby Bump Clothed

No comments:

Post a Comment