Friday, January 19, 2018

finally... FINALLY! Catching Up!!

A couple weeks ago I started a Five on Friday post.

And then... well, LIFE.

And then I started it again, a week later.

And then.... LIFE, again.

Every time I seem to start to somewhat juggle ALL OF THE THINGS, I forget something, or am late to do something, or break something (see: ran into the garage with my car AND my washing machine basically gave up on me)...

Or, I drop ALL OF THE THINGS simultaneously and don't know whether to laugh or cry or pray or pour a drink or take a long winter's nap or escape to an island in the middle of nowhere.

So, here I am, yet again... in an attempt to document what is going on in our small little corner of a loud and chaotic and busy and exhausting but oh-so-beautiful universe...

*All of Everette's wishes came true and he finally finally FINALLY started gym-astics:

*And not to be left out of activities, CK got back into the groove with her personal fave:  soccer.

*And speaking of that girl... SHE LOST HER FIRST TOOTH!  See also:  her mama (kind of accidentally) pulled it out.  One night she basically decided she was ready to lose it, and -- Ikidyounot -- she wiggled it nonstop for 48 hours straight.  Until it was hanging on by a thread.  I was wiggling it while at school, and the bad boy popped right off of her gum.  We both laughed and cried and omigoodness it's crazy to hold a tiny tooth that you so vividly remember making its grand entrance through a slobbery baby gum.  The tooth fairy had a successful visit (and why didn't anyone tell me how nerve-wracking it is to play tooth fairy?!)... my stealth nighttime ninja moves brought a silver dollar, a sparkly, tooth-fairy-dusted $5 bill, and a huge, missing-tooth smile that makes my heart melt every single day.

*Can we please talk about how I got diagnosed with pneumonia a couple weeks ago?  And how it completely kicked my butt?  And how it caused me to spend way too much time horizontal, which led to me getting sucked into a Call the Midwife and Stranger Things Netflix hole?!

*I taught Brooks to safely go up and down the stairs.  Which means no more baby gates.  Which means the angels sang HALLELUJAH.

*Oh Moxie girl... we're all so glad you're finally spayed and declawed (and yes, I know you cat-lovers find that to be controversial, but girl needed her front claws to be OUTTA HERE before she drove us all crazy) -- but y'all, she is currently pitiful!!

*I recently decided that I love coffee mugs.  YES I'M OLD.  But as a working-full-time, single-mama-of-three-littles = there's no such thing as too much coffee.  Usually I've had two cups by 7:15am.  SO.  I hope to slowly work to trade all of my plain white coffee mugs with others that I pick up here and there.  Because there's just something about drinking a hot cup of coffee out of a mug that makes you smile...

*Brooks had his first rat tail hair cut!  I went to get Everette's mop shaped up (Omigosh his COW LICK.  Bless...)
...and my hairdresser basically took one look at my sweet blonde-headed-baby and decided we may as well chop his little mullet-in-the-making.  So I'm now the proud owner of an envelope that holds a tiny blonde rat tail.

*In an eye-rolling turn of events, I joined a gym.  In January.  With all of the other I WILL WORK OUT THIS YEAR crazies.  Now, y'all know I need to run like I need to breathe.  But several weeks ago I started getting the itch to do something different for my physical, mental, and emotional health.  And for some reason, it seemed like joining a gym may be a good change of scenery?  You see, before my kids I used to go to a gym all the time.  Once they came along, I gave up working out like I preferred and instead would just run with the stroller (so that I wasn't technically "away" from them - silly, I know).  And every now and then, I'd go for a quick run by myself.  But since I had them, I never really got back into investing in self-care the way I deserved.  Enter:  gym membership via an early birthday gift.  And y'all, I forgot how much I love a gym!  I will still be running because it definitely feeds my soul, but gosh the weight machines and the fitness classes and the pushing myself as far as I possibly can just feels so, so good.  So, yay me.  <pats self on the back>

*I was recently gifted an Echo Dot, and I am obsessed with all things Alexa.  My favorite feature?  A voice-activated time-out timer, because OMIGOSH three-year-old Everette is giving me a run for my money and Brooks, at the ripe age of sixteen months, has officially been introduced to the time-out corner.

*You know what true friendship is?  Someone who makes sure you constantly know how much you are loved, how important you are, what you deserve...  Someone who knows all of your truths, who sees you at your darkest moments, and who makes sure you know she will support your life no matter what hard decisions you have to make.  Someone who, over and over and over again, drops everything, puts her own life on hold, and travels across multiple states to make sure certain dates and memories don't haunt you, to make sure you remember how strong you are, to hold your hand and help you get through what would've been some tough days, some hard-to-swallow memories and realizations.
So, we basically talked from the moment she arrived until the moment she had to leave to drive all the way back to NC.  We ate and drank and laughed and went to this awesome children's museum in Birmingham and our friendship is just a constant ellipsis because it will never be over, will never be complete -- it always does and always will just keep on going... <3

*I love about one good snow day and then I'm basically over it.  Combine multiple snow days with temperatures below zero and being stuck at home with an under-the-weather six-year-old, threenager, and teething toddler and I'm basically like LET ME GO BACK TO WORK FOR A MINUTE.  Because fun in the snow quickly turned into four hundred and fifty seven games of Kerplunk and Candy Land, eating way too many made-from-scratch chocolate chip cookies, watching too many cartoons, creating and playing with slime, and stir-crazy kiddos...
*Hashtag MOLARS.  Jesus take the wheel.

*Another thing that, over the years, I'd forgotten?  How much I absolutely love to read.  Throw in a fire and a glass of Target $5 red wine, and it's even better.  Also?  Everyone on this planet needs to read at least one book by Jenn Hatmaker and one by Ann Voskamp.  Wow, wow, wow.

*Tomorrow, my girl and I are headed to see The Lion King in downtown ATL at The Fox Theatre and I absolutely cannot wait!!

Ok, wrapping this up so I can finally actually finish my first blog post of 2018.  Happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment