Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Midweek Randoms!

I'm knee-deep in packing and my brain is too crazy to compose anything other than a midweek randoms post.  So, here are some invigorating tidbits from my brain and our world...

*You guys.  One of my new favorite times of the day is when I pick CK up from preschool.  Honestly, I love dropoff because FREEDOM!!  But when I pick her up, she is just the sweetest thing.  On the drive home, we keep the radio off and just talk and talk and talk about her day.  She just seems so little and so grown up all at the same time.  She tells me what books they read, what songs they sang, who was absent and why, what snack they ate, who she played with, who wasn't a good listener, etc.  I love, love, love these moments with my little-big girl!

*And speaking of my girl, she had an ENT appointment about a week and a half ago.  She's been complaining about her ears, and after her pediatrician checked and found no infection, we headed to the ENT.  She's had tubes for almost two-and-a-half years, and it's about time for those suckers to fall out.  The left one appears to be out, but stuck in the canal.  The right one looks like it may be starting to wiggle free, but we'll see.  The bad news is that her left ear drum still has a lot of pressure built up inside of it, which we discovered when they did a hearing test.  So, ear tubes round 2 may be in her future.  We go back in three months for another check... fingers crossed the tubes fall out on their own and her ears are healed!

*And more CK news - she's back at gymnastics!  But now that she's three years old, no more parent/tot classes!  She's officially in the Mighty 3's, which means E and I get to sit back and watch.  And it is so precious seeing her do things all by herself!  Honestly, she does much better when I'm not involved.  I also signed her up for Tball this spring, and I cannot WAIT!

*I really, really wanna watch Scandal.  I hear so many good things about that show, but I know I need to watch from the beginning.  Maybe we'll eventually find the time! Ha!!

*And now to toot my own horn - I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight!  Toot toot!  BUT, unfortunately, my pre-pregnancy weight was about 10 pounds heavier than my preferred weight (thank you IVF meds and hormones and shots).  During our infertility process, I gained about 10 pounds... Sooooo I'd still love to lose those pesky ten.  I'm hoping that continuing to run and workout and breastfeed will help these lbs get the heck outta here.

*We've started theme-day Fridays around these parts, and it's so fun!  It's all totally inspired by my awesome sister over at Doc Momma, who is the most kick-butt stay-at-home-mama.  We don't do anything extravagant... just a little something to look forward to at the end of the week.  So far we've done Alphabet Friday, which was a huge hit!  Frozen letter-shaped yogurt, alphabet fishing, alphabet-shaped lunch, writing letters in shaving cream, etc.  Stay tuned for more of what we do to celebrate Fridays!

*I sooooo want to show CK some of my all-time favorite Disney movies, like Snow White, Aladdin, etc.  But you can't find them anywhere!  I think it's ridiculous that they keep them in the "vault."

*And speaking of Disney - that's where we're headed TOMORROW!  To celebrate my mother-in-law's 60th birthday, we surprised her with a trip to the most magical place on Earth.  I have never seen anyone who loves Disney World as much as my husband's stepmom!  It'll be my father-in-law, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, two nephews, T, and CK.  That's right, E is staying at home, with my mama - he's not quite ready for all of Disney's magic. :)  And man, oh man, I am going to miss this face:
As hard as it is going to be leaving him, I know he'll be in great hands with his Bammy, and I am going to soak up the one-on-one time with my CK.  I cannot wait to celebrate Grammy and spoil our girl!  

I'll be back post-Disney World with tons of pictures and details from our trip.  Prayers for safe travels and for my buddy to do okay without us would be appreciated!!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment